ec addictive?

yeah sure its not addictive nope not at all. i've taken every day it for 3 years without a break and i feel great, i feel fine, so good in fact that i could probably take it forever and still enjoy this energetic bliss for the rest of my life.

There are two types of addictions, physical and psychological. What you have to watch with EC, as with any drug that'll give you a boos of some kind, is the psychological. You may end up missing the boost you got even though some of the other properties are still there.

In my case I have really big problems getting going in the morning now that I'm taking a break from them, and I kind of wish I could just pop a pill to get me going some times - but other supplements are stopping me from doing that at the moment.

As you say with EC - fat burning will still continue, and some say the fat oxidation rate will even increase with time, but the stimulation disappears after some time use.

I'd say you should try to use EC according to your need. If you need the boos, use them *when* you need the boost and stay away from them at other times. This should keep your receptors and adrenal system in perfect condition. If you want maximum fat burning effect, just use them all the time - even though you'll lose the stimulatory effect.

Hope this helped!

Caffeine can be physiologically addictive, sure. Ephedrine can be both I guess, but I got addicted to the high. It stimulates your nervous system which is why many feel stronger, more energetic, but that wears off when the drug begins to clear from your system and then crash! You feel so tired sometimes... If its time for bed, good, if not, then you will be looking for some caffeine and/or ephedrine to get that boost, and thus the cycle begins. It can take a quite a while to get back to normal after cessation of taking an ec stack. Knowing all this, does it keep me from using it periodically. NAH! I wonder if ec is a stepping stone for other drugs. I'm starting to shake and blink alot. What does that mean???
crazy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tatsuo @ Dec. 11 2003,10:13)]yeah sure its not addictive nope not at all. i've taken every day it for 3 years without a break and i feel great, i feel fine, so good in fact that i could probably take it forever and still enjoy this energetic bliss for the rest of my life.
This is actually funny (if it's intended to be -- otherwise it's sort of alarming).

I'm sure it can be psychologically addictive. But I've never reached a point where I had to have a "fix". The main problem is feeling miserable upon cessation -- which of course can lead to continued use and I suppose addiction.

A good tactic might be to cycle EC, and when ending an "on" cycle come off slowly. Bryan suggests divided 10:100 doses of ephedrine and caffeine every couple hours (if I recall correctly). Just slowly reduce the number of doses you take in a day and work down to zero.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jon Stark @ Dec. 13 2003,7:10)]I'm sure it can be psychologically addictive. But I've never reached a point where I had to have a "fix". The main problem is feeling miserable upon cessation -- which of course can lead to continued use and I suppose addiction.
I don't mean to offend anyone here, but didn't you just give the definition of needing a fix ? You feel miserable, so you need to "unmiserable" yourself by giving the body what it craves...?...

I plan to take it in the long run for fat loss. I seem to have an adrenal defect that it helps. I am actually hoping that the stimulant effects wear off while it continues to be thermogenic.

Has anyone taken it long term for fat loss and have experienced the stimulant effect wearing off? I am interested to hear how your body is adapting.

If you cycle with it, you're setting yourself up to go through the stimulant part of it all over again.

I take it with a Slimadrine and it greatly reduces stimulant of it for me. Here's what Bryan said about it:

"The synephrine will not reduce the jitters. There must be something else in the product if you noticed some change with equal dosages of ephedrine. If it has green tea extract it is the theonine that is reducing the jitters.....I would recommend you stick with something simpler. Just get some herbal ephedrine, some generic caffeine from the grocery store, and if the jitters get you, add some green tea extract. Its that simple and you can't get a more effective combination (unless you use pure ephedrine HCL)."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lars @ Dec. 12 2003,4:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jon Stark @ Dec. 13 2003,7:10)]I'm sure it can be psychologically addictive. But I've never reached a point where I had to have a "fix". The main problem is feeling miserable upon cessation -- which of course can lead to continued use and I suppose addiction.
I don't mean to offend anyone here, but didn't you just give the definition of needing a fix ? You feel miserable, so you need to "unmiserable" yourself by giving the body what it craves...?...
No offense at all.

All I meant was that I can't remember ever waking up in the morning and just heading straight for my bottle of EC before I could even face the day.

I can remember thinking I feel blah, and I wouldn't feel so blah if I used some EC, but I shouldn't use it since I'm weaning myself off. So I guess what I mean is it never seemed beyond control, which is what I usually think of when I think addiction.

Back