EFA's what the best source?

Ashil

i m looking to get my nutrition spot on before starting my next hst cycle. I would say i eat pretty well, and have enjoyed some decent gains by eating adequate protein and low gi carbs. However, i have totally neglected fats thinking that they were no good.

I m looking to get 25-30% EFA's from a 2500-3000 cal diet?

bearing in mind that i m a student and i don t eat red meat how can i meet this requirement? supplements maybe??

What do u guys suggest?

typically i eat : tuna (canned), cod loin, chiken breast, cottage cheese, rye bread, brown rice, brown pasta, potatoes.

thanks

you dont need 20-30% efas from a diet, 20-30% fat maybe.
Sources of efas are wide and varied, but you need to pay more attention to n-3 than any n-6's.
Flax is the commonly used n-3 rich food, but it depends if you can stomach it, as it has a particular taste.
You can go straight to what you should be looking for, the non essential fatty acids epa/dha, the derivatives of the efa alpha linolenic acid, which can be sourced from fish oils, not tuna per se (too low quantities), you should get some from cod loins but not a lot, the simplest way is to findn a cheap source of fish oil capsules.
Also keep in mind that while it makes a slight difference to your reaching your goals, the absolute difference is small. Its more in term of long term health, and even then, a tablespoon of flax will make a difference, or 1g fish oil (1 cap).

keeping in mind that those are the foods i ll be eating everyday, apart from maybe the weekends when my mother will make some salmon, mackeral or something... Would you say that taking udo's choice blend of oils would be a good choice?

it tastes rough, and isnt cheap but i mwilling to do it.

Does anyone else use udo's?

I've never used Udo's, but I do use Lemmon's Oil which is similar to Udo's. It doesn't taste very good cold, but it tastes okay if you pour it over hot chicken or over warmed up vegetables.

Back