evening exercises

stan

Hey, just wanted to ask a few Q's.

I see alot of info on dieting, and how to set up your eating times before and after your exercise, but it always seems to me that it might not be valid for someone who exercises from 20
wow.gif
0 onward.

Could someone tell me if the advice of eating at least one hour before exercising, a protein shake before, a protein shake after, then carbs one hour after exercise is still correct?

I'm often done about 22
wow.gif
0 so that'd mean I'd eat carbs at 23
wow.gif
0, isn't that a bit too close to sleeping time?

Just wanted to know if it's any different if you exercise in the evenings.

S.

the myth about getting fat if you eat 3 hrs before bed is just that......a myth. Don't worry about it.

It's not really 3 hours before bed, it's more like 1 hour.. 11 o'clock in the evenings.

also if I eat dinner one hour before the workout, is a protein shake before workout also needed as well?

S.

Maybe it would be a better idea to have the protein shake before the workout and then eat dinner after. And I still would not worry about eating the carbs an hour before bed. It will not make any significant difference.

agreed. the only way not eating 3 hours before bedtime would help you lose weight would be if you didn't compensate at other times... ie. it's just a way to get you to eat less.

Back