Fat burning

Marko24

Hey guys,
I am just coming off six months of muscle building.
I have some fat build-up.
What would be the best way to lose fat?

Is it best to just lose the fat in one go, eg: like one or two months of dieting?

Or is it better to lose fat in one week blocks between hst cycles, eg: burn fat during the SD period.

Or is it better to burn fat with the zig-zag diet, eg: 7 days muscle building, then two days fat burning, 7 days muscle building, two days fat burning and just keep alternating.

Also if anyone has some detailed information on any of the above fat burning strategies, would you be able to list details, such as calories, cardio, nutrients etc.

It would be greatly appreciated!

Marko, I suggest you stick to whatever HST cycle you may have been doing before, and just crank up the cardio. The best way to lose fat though is slow as this will prevent you from losing too much muscle. I have been doing this over the past couple years (lost a good bit), and it has been frustrating at times, but I am healthy and have retained nearly all of my muscle that I built up the year or so before that.

<div>
(Marko24 @ Jul. 09 2009,11:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Or is it better to lose fat in one week blocks between hst cycles, eg: burn fat during the SD period.</div>
Hey Marko, this is probably the worst option. The trick to maintain (or lose the least) muscle is to workout heavy while dieting. So, if your joints can take it, extend the 5s after the HST cycle while cutting calories. You can drop volume but keeping the load and frequency.
If you need a rest you can take the SD while keeping calories at maintenance level and start a new HST cycle while cutting cals. But start this HST cycle on the 10s, skipping the 15s.

Ah ok thanyou electric and colby.
I will do that.
I read an e-book yesterday. Its by Tom Venuto. Its titled: &quot;Burn the fat, feed the muscle&quot;. What do you guys think about this book? Do you think his advice on burning fat and maintaining muscle is valid?

Also colby and electric another quick question
smile.gif

So you guys simply burn fat by just doing your normal hst cycles but reducing calories slightly below maintenance?

Do you guys zig zag your calories?

How much protein should I take while dieting?

Can I take creatine while dieting?

Also just one final question:

I was thinking about a cycle with alternating days of fat burning/muscle building:

You just do a normal hst cycle, lifting every second day as per usual.
But instead, you do three days fat burning with extra cardio/reduced calories, then five days muscle building with a calorie surplus.
Even though you are fat burning on those three days, you will still be lifting weights because you are doing your normal hst cycle. This would preserve your muscle.

Im thinking this cycle would be great to gain muscle, then maintain body fat percentage. (You will be burning the fat during the three fat burning days. This will account for the fat gain during the five muscle building days. This will theoretically &quot;balance out&quot; the fat gain so that your fat levels will remain approximaelty the same.)

What do you guys think?

What would be the end result on fat lose, muscle gain?

Would it be as effective as building muscle/fat burning in month long blocks?

Or would it be counter-productive?

Back