Favorite Bulking Foods

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">that lectins are not really a great thing to ingest?</div>

nevermind....I can't argue with someone who uses false logic.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 16 2007,00:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So I am not allowed to discuss what foods are healthy or not based on my lifestyle decisions?  Since when did my personal health choices affect my ability to research nutrition and health?</div>
Yes you can discuss whatever you want and choose a lifestyle as you wish. But to jump all over me &quot;over peanuts&quot;
biggrin.gif

But yes, I find it odd that you research health and nutrition and propose to care about these things ..........and juice.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 16 2007,00:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">that lectins are not really a great thing to ingest?</div>

nevermind....I can't argue with someone who uses false logic.</div>

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 16 2007,00:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">that lectins are not really a great thing to ingest?</div>

good, I dont want to discuss health with someone who doesn´t practice it.

When I un-intentionally bulked up last year, I drank a lot of milk, I ate alot of cottage cheese, lots of pizza, lots of meat.

I don´t think I will ever do a bulk again. It is more exhausting than losing the weight.

you are the one who jumped in my thread and told me not to eat peanuts...and then failed to show me why???
But now I see that this isn't about peanuts, its about you preaching to me about juice. I have done the research and I am fully aware of the pros and cons. Maybe you think the cons outweigh the pros...that's fine. Maybe you think I am an idiot who is putting their health at risk.
I happen to have confidence in my decision and feel positive about the experience thus far. I m sorry you feel I am making a BAD health decision, but its mine to make.
Thank you for your opinion.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 16 2007,01:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">you are the one who jumped in my thread and told me not to eat peanuts...and then failed to show me why???
But now I see that this isn't about peanuts, its about you preaching to me about juice.  I have done the research and I am fully aware of the pros and cons.  Maybe you think the cons outweigh the pros...that's fine.  Maybe you think I am an idiot who is putting their health at risk.
I happen to have confidence in my decision and feel positive about the experience thus far.  I m sorry you feel I am making a BAD health decision, but its mine to make.
Thank you for your opinion.</div>
I didn´t tell you not to eat peanuts. I simply posted that they are not the best nuts out there and I did not want to preach to you about juice ( although, I do feel strongly against them). I didn´t mean to ruin your thread and I don´t think you are an idiot.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 16 2007,01:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

good, I dont want to discuss health with someone who doesn´t practice it.</div>
in your opinion.
that's fine. I guess anybody who has tried AAS automatically is judged as an unhealthy person in your book.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 16 2007,01:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(drpierredebs @ May 16 2007,01:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

good, I dont want to discuss health with someone who doesn´t practice it.</div>
in your opinion.
that's fine.  I guess anybody who has tried AAS automatically is judged as an unhealthy person in your book.</div>
yes in my opinion AAS are unhealthy but I am not going pass judgement on someone who decided to use them.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 16 2007,01:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> I have done the research and I am fully aware of the pros and cons.  Maybe you think the cons outweigh the pros...that's fine.
I happen to have confidence in my decision and feel positive about the experience thus far.  </div>
just do yourself a favor and get am echo of your heart to make sure you don´t end up with cardiac hypertrophy which, regardless or you decision, is NOT something worth the gamble.

Must resist urge to comment on the AAS issue. And I`m beginning to see a pattern in discussing things with you Dr...at least I know what to steer clear of in order to have quality interaction. Oh, well.

<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ May 16 2007,03:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Must resist urge to comment on the AAS issue. And I`m beginning to see a pattern in discussing things with you Dr...at least I know what to steer clear of in order to have quality interaction. Oh, well.</div>
help me learn about myself, what pattern?

provide some literature to support your claims around lectins or androgens for htat matter, then it can be discussed

otherwise its pointless garbage

<div>
(Aaron_F @ May 16 2007,05:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">provide some literature to support your claims around lectins or androgens for htat matter, then it can be discussed

otherwise its pointless garbage</div>
ah yes, references for my massive claims that lectins are not that healthy.

you have access to pubmed.

type in lectins AND blood or AND H. pylori or AND any number of topics.

as far as steroids are concerned, I would rather believe the sports cardiologist than any website called testosterone nation, you or bucket head bbrs roided out and ready to beat on everyone who even dares to call into question steroid use. what a joke. I have no intention debatting AAS, androgens, steroids or whatever other growth hormone related substances you want to call it. The advice to get your heart checked is not a topic for discussion and it is not debate. It was a suggestion that needs no references from my part. it was just some kind helpful advice. good luck.

but for starters you can check : or buy yourself a current sports cardiology textbook: otherwise posting pubmed references to journals you have no access to is pointless and I am not going to synopsis everything everytime I spit something out.

good luc

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez...._DocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez...._docsum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez...._docsum

You're turning into a nutter prick, try to stop, please. Really. Stating what you consider to be truth as universal non-debatable word of God is not cool. I feel that the Paleo diet is basically **** pulled out of Cordain's ass, built mostly on conjecture and assumptions(most of them wrong, BTW). Yet I do not tell you that this is absolute truth, not open for debate etc. Everybody's free to do as he sees fit, and this preaching crap is extremely lame, thank you.

The lectin argument is petarded. For the last friggin time, it`s not fact, it`s not proven, it`s mostly theoretical in vitro wanking, under special conditions. So yes, if a lot of bad **** is happening to you, lectins will probably add on. It`s ok that you believe that they`re devil sent, but state it as:I have reason to believe that....., feel free to use that info as you see fit-instead of:Lectins are da evil. This is beyond question. Must not eat them. If you can`t see why that will probably rub people the wrong way, cause antagonism and make you seem a dogmatic individual, that`s sad. Based on our previous interaction I find you to be fairly intelligent, as long as the murky subjects aren`t touched.

I also feel that being judgemental of other people's choices is crap. If an adult person chooses to use AAS after documenting himself, it`s his choice and it should be respected. AAS use does not automatically disqualify anyone from a discussion. I've never used drugs, and I rate my knowledge in the domain as poor, yet I`ve actually taken the time to read enough on them, and not only sensationalistic crap along the lines of:AAS are the root of all evil, they`ll screw everything they can be screwed inside you etc. Lest stupid abuse occurs, if moderation and education are employed in the area, if one understands that drugs simply add to and cannot completely substitute an integrated approach to bodybuilding, no harm can occur. There`s extensive research on AAS. Their primary goal was to aid with health, not impair it. They`re used considerably in medicine etc. But that`s irrelevant, as anyone is free to think what he sees fit of a subject, as long as he is not judgemental and does not attempt to impose his oppinion as absolute irefutable fact upon everyone else.

Since you`ll probably have some defensive thing to answer to my post, I`d like to say that this will be my last contribution to this particular debate, as I see no point to it, nor do I think any progress can occur.

Friendly and non-judgmental advice:

If you do roids, do yourself a favor and get your heart checked.

over and way out.

Thanks for your friendly (unasked for preaching) advice.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">yes in my opinion AAS are unhealthy but I am not going pass judgement on someone who decided to use them.
</div>
before that statement, You already did....
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">good, I dont want to discuss health with someone who doesn´t practice it</div>
soapbox.jpg

Back