FL7 and Absolved, same ingredients? Safe?

Dood

The only difference in the ingredients between FL7 and absolved seems to be that FL7 has propolene glycol in it where absolved has benzyl alcohol in it. Otherwise they list the exact same ingredients. Propolene glycol is a food grade product, often used for non-toxic antifreeze. On the other hand, benzyl alcohol doesn't seem as benign: " Toxicology
Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Severe irritant for eyes, skin and respiratory system."

http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/BE/benzyl_alcohol.html

So my questions are, what would be the functional differences between FL7 and Absolved, how would the Propolene glycol vs benzyl alcohol affect this, and what about the toxicity of benzyl alcohol? I assume it's not a big issue because of the small amount being applied.

FL7: Ingredients: Isopropyl alcohol,propylene glycol, octyl salicylate, triglyceride complex, water, d-limonene, 3-acetyl-7-oxo-DHEA, carbomer

Absolved: Ingredients: Isopropyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, octyl salicylate, triglyceride complex, water, d-limonene, 3-acetyl-7-oxo-DHEA, carbomer.

I'll give a rudimentary explanation as I'm sure someone from Avant will cime in.

FL7 is designed to penetrate the skin and deliver the active to the blood stream.

Absolved is designed to deliver the active locally to the tissues.

I'm not really qualified to speak on the differences in the penetraion enhancers and carriers or their possible toxicities. I can however vouch for the effetiveness as well as the lack of side effects of these two products. I used FL7 for 8 weeks and really didn't notice any large benefit from it. Absolved however has worked extremely well for me and is now showing benefits in my wife as well. Since Mid July, I have had a 2.5 inch reduction in my waist (navel) measurement. I don't attribute this completely to the Absolved, but I would say that it has made a huge difference in the ease at which I acheived this. As I stated, I experienced no side effects with either product.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve McDermott @ Sep. 19 2003,10:10)]FL7 is designed to penetrate the skin and deliver the active to the blood stream.
Absolved is designed to deliver the active locally to the tissues.
From what I've read, it seems that Absolved is the newer version of FL7. Since you found FL7 ineffective, my guess is that the replacement of propolene glycol with benzyl alcohol increased the action of the 3-acetyl-7-oxo-DHEA, or improved it's transport into the body, or something :confused: Obviously, I'm no biochemist, just trying to understand more before I start rubbing goo on myself :D

No, it's not intended to be a replacement. Like Steve said, different products. FL7 delivers 7-keto DHEA into the bloodstream, while Ab-Solved delivers 7-keto DHEA into whatever tissues you apply it to (usually the midsection) while minimizing systemic absorbtion. (If you poke around PubMed, you can find research backing the use of benzyl alcohol as a means of achieving targeted delivery of drugs.)

FL7 is getting pulled to avoid possible legal problems though. So Ab-Solved could be considered a de facto replacement, even though the products are intended for different uses.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jon Stark @ Sep. 19 2003,2:32)]No, it's not intended to be a replacement. Like Steve said, different products. FL7 delivers 7-keto DHEA into the bloodstream, while Ab-Solved delivers 7-keto DHEA into whatever tissues you apply it to (usually the midsection) while minimizing systemic absorbtion. (If you poke around PubMed, you can find research backing the use of benzyl alcohol as a means of achieving targeted delivery of drugs.)
FL7 is getting pulled to avoid possible legal problems though. So Ab-Solved could be considered a de facto replacement, even though the products are intended for different uses.
Bingo.

Back