flax seeds

shakeel

i have flaxseed seeds.any simple procedure you know guys to remove the oil from it?btw i dont like eating the powdered seeds

Can't you put them in the blender to grind them up? I'd be interested to know as I have a small bag around here as well...

Ah, according to looksmart:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Q How can I grind the seeds?

A Flaxseeds are easy to grind, and you likely have the right tool in your kitchen. Grind flaxseeds at home using a coffee grinder, food processor or blender. Like coffee beans, you can grind flaxseeds coarsely or finely and if using in cooking, most recipes call for finely ground flaxseed.

Sounds like you already have the powder - have you tried adding the powder to one of your shakes?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shakeel @ Jan. 05 2004,1:34)]how about boiling the powder and and using the water?
i think the high temperatures of boiling water wouldn't be good for the oil.

1. "any simple procedure you know guys to remove the oil from it?"

>>>> Flax seeds are consumed for their oil content. To remove the oil from them you'd probably have to expel the oil out or use a variety of solvents.... none of which are viably done at home. Why do you want to expel the oil from the flax? I'm curious?

I used to put flax seed in a class of water over the night. In the morning you can drink the water and chew those seeds. Now i've been buying my flaxseed oil in a bottle.

I understand that they need to be ground for proper digestion... But it sounds like chewing is also just as acceptable? Or is grinding perferable?

Back