Follow-up to ALCAR/ALA/Theanine stack

Wedgewod

I just wanted to post on my experiences with this stack. I picked up on this item when I read some posts by virtualcyber on the subject.

I have a fair amount of experience with various stimulants ranging from E/C to Adderal(sp?) in my pursuit of cognitive performance enhancement. What they all have in common is the old addage, "what goes up must come down".
And the "up" portion is that jacked-up, nerves-on-edge, fidgety feeling.

The ALCAR stack, for me, is really something special. One, it really has cut down on my need for sleep (from 8.5 hr to 6 hr, no rebound). The other great thing is that there's no druggy feeling, it's that you simply have more natural energy. There is no "high" per se, and I agree with the analogy I heard on another board that it is like driving with a squeaky clean windshield.

I currently take 500mg ALCAR/200mg R-ALA twice a day (6 AM/ 6 PM). Then I take approx 400 mg of theanine about 30 minutes to bed.

The only thing I can't speak to is the issue of tolerance (I've noticed no drop-off in two weeks of usage). All I can say is that I've taken alot of supplements and they either fit in the "does nothing" category or in the "hell to pay" category. In my experience, the ALCAR stack is a seriously practical and effective smart drug combo. Props out to virtual cyber for bringing it to my attention!

Thanks,
BB

Great feedback!
thumbs-up.gif

I'm still trying to find a source for it - probably need to import it illegally (we can use AAS legally here, but amino acids aren't available
dozingoff.gif
crazy.gif
).

If anyone else has valuable feedback of this kind, it would be great to hear about it...

wedgewood:

I am glad to be of some help!!

You can visit www.avantlabs.com's feedback forum to read about other protocols using ALCAR and other compounds less expensive than l-theanine.

=======================

Blade:

Of the two ingredients in the stack, the important one is ALCAR. You can probably replace l-theanine with something else (other relaxant or depressant) with easier access.

in a request similar to Blade's, someone PLEASE help me find a way to get this in Canada?!?! I mean, would it possibly be an "under-the-counter" treasure like ephedrine is here in many health food stores? or does it not have the same popularity and would not warrant any health food store getting it?? i mean, what else is ALCAR used for, i'm not really experienced with this amino acid "scene"

And if it's not at health food stores, any thoughts on getting it shipped to canada, like some here have done with prohormones? virtualcyber, thanks again for drawing attention to this stuff, as you can see, i'm really tempted!

Alex:

Don't know much about Canadian import laws, as I live here in the U.S.

ALCAR is just an overall good supplement. Its uses include (1) removing supply of l-carnitine for fat oxidation; (2) improving cholinergic function (for one's brain); (3) retardation of Alzheimer's; (4) improved recovery.

Interesting thing about ALCAR tends to stack well with other supplements.

BTW, there is something called alpha-GPC. You might want to look into that. There is some chance that it might work better or equivalently to ALCAR, at least when it comes to improving brain function.

Back