foods what food should i buy ?

thedon

I look around the net for an official clean unprocessed bodybuilding food list , couldn't find it.
I musta spent 2 hours looking at all the crap in the supermarket. Only thing that caught my eye was plain oat bran ingrediants oat bran (gluten)
per 100g 17g protein 7g fat 50g carbs 2g sugars

I want to broaden my food intake from milk, oat meal brown rice tuna chicken whey protein and skim milk powder.
4 of my meals contain oatmeal 2-3 are uasally mixed in a shake , oat bran went nicley in a shake i hope it's good .
What else is good :)

Add cottage cheese, apples, albacore tuna, lean red meat, lentils, and maybe some broccoli. Yams are good carb source as well.

To the above I would add -- shop around the perimeter of the store -- fresh veggies, fruits, meats, fish, poultry, eggs, other dairy like yogurt and cottage cheese. Add a high protein high fiber cereal like Kashi and Peanut butter and other nuts for good fat source.

Elle

Let me add 100% natural peanut butter ( NOT skippy, etc)

Yep, add cottage cheese (I still buy 1%) can't do fat free :mad:

Look for bread that is higher in fiber. I think Orowheat Lite has 7 grams per slice.
The stuff on sell is around 1 gram.

Also, consider adding things like Boca Burgers or Garden Burgers. Since they're not fatty ground-up beef, their fat content is pretty low, and the protein content is pretty good. I love a patty fried nice and crispy (very little oil on the pan) on a whole-wheat roll with onions, tomatoes, and lettuce. . . good fiber, complex carbs, protein, relatively low in fat.
Also check out the soy-based sausages; in sausage, what I really enjoy is the flavor of the spices. I don't need all the animal fat they pump into them, though. Many soy sausages and sausage patties, fried crispy, taste great with my egg-white product omelettes, and it's great variety.
And try the fake ham, too. . . I like Smart Deli brand. By itself, it's not great, but fried, it's great on toast or shredded and fried into an omelette. Again, good protein, flavor variety, low fat.

Back