Gaining Mass

bigm77

Hey you no how everyone says 2 eat like 6 meals a day?? I started eating my normal 3 meals a day and in between every meal try to eat 1 or 2 bowls of cereal so it would be like this:
Breakfeast(cereal)(8:00),
Lunch, (12:00)
Cereal, (3:00)
Cereal, (5:00)
Dinner, (7:00)
Cereal (9:00)

Or something like dat. I just put in the time 2 show u, but dat aint when i really eat. Anyway what do u guys think of dat??

Why all the cereal?

Your number one priority should be getting enough protein. Six meals won't really make much difference over 4 meals, all other things being equal. The most critical thing would be pre/post workout nutrition.

What are you doing in that area?

Go to www.fitday.com and find out how's your caloric intake and how much protein, carbs and fats you're getting and then report back to us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bigm77 @ Aug. 18 2003,8:31)]Hey you no how everyone says 2 eat like 6 meals a day?? I started eating my normal 3 meals a day and in between every meal try to eat 1 or 2 bowls of cereal so it would be like this:
Breakfeast(cereal)(8
wow.gif
0),
Lunch, (12
wow.gif
0)
Cereal, (3
wow.gif
0)
Cereal, (5
wow.gif
0)
Dinner, (7
wow.gif
0)
Cereal (9
wow.gif
0)
Or something like dat. I just put in the time 2 show u, but dat aint when i really eat. Anyway what do u guys think of dat??
Cereal will not build any msucle mass, may build some other kind of mass you don't want. You need protein! Your diet is essential. It does not matter how hard you train in the gym, without correct diet your gains will not come. You grow outside the gym. Diet determines the amount of gains you get from your workout.

Eating 6 meals is good from the standpoint of metabolism first off, will help rev it. But the types...protein is needed at each feeding. This is essential. Add a good complex carb, and fibrous one also. Some healthy fats sprinkled in is also very good.

You need to find your maintenance calories, set your macronutrient ratios, then start increasing your calories upward to attain a bulk. I like to start with 500 per day, this will equate to a 3500 calorie per week excess, which equates to one pound. Good healthy gain.

Back