Getting fat from Base calories???

blueb73

Im about 195, 20% BF. I eat around 2500 cals a day, and work out 2-3 times a week, cardio 3-4 times. It seems to me that I get fatter if I try to go above 2500. Does this happen to anyone else???
Carbs 60
Prot 20
Fat 20

ps - - I have a slender frame, with a belly ive managed to acquire over the years. If I eat too much, you can actually see my belly get distended, which os gross. I dont see how you people can eat this much!!!!

Up the fats to get optimum test levels.

Also, you might want to try something like a CKD. I always see people get great results from low-carb dieting.

Though, it is a pain in the @$$.

Huh-wha?

Go do some research on fats. Your test levels will be at their peak if about 30% of your day's calories come from fats. EFAs and all good stuff, of course.

thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueb73 @ Sep. 24 2004,10:17)]Carbs 60
Prot 20
Fat 20
Seems to me like you are eating too many carbs and not enough protein. Try for a 40/40/20 macro split. BTW, when most people eat they look/feel a lil bloated...I know I do. It's mostly in your head.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Treutlein @ Sep. 27 2004,11:27)]Huh-wha?
Go do some research on fats. Your test levels will be at their peak if about 30% of your day's calories come from fats. EFAs and all good stuff, of course.
thumbs-up.gif
Been there, done that

Research doesnt support that conclusion

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Treutlein @ Sep. 26 2004,4:27)]Huh-wha?
thumbs-up.gif
SHBG, Serum and Free test show very little difference in response to dietary fat increases/decreases. There were one or two studies that showed a correlation (small) between the ratio of mono/un/ and saturated fats on LH increases (again very small) but certainly nothing to brag about.

and it also has to be noted that a lot of research that compared testosterone ~ fat had a lot more difference in the diet than just fat alone.

Carbohydrate and proteins have a more consistent influence than fat itself.

Back