Has anyone tried the MM2K bench program?

Discussion in 'Strength-Specific Training (SST)' started by Stefan, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Stefan

Stefan New Member

As some of you may have read in my previous thread, I'm looking for ways to improve my bench press. I've come across the MM2K program and would like to know if there's anyone here that's tried it and, if so, what your gains were.

Edit: Link: http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/mm2k/

2. colby2152

colby2152 New Member

Some people are lazy or don't have enough time to read the articles on that website. What are the basic principles of the program?

3. TunnelRat

TunnelRat Active Member

<div>
    (colby2152 @ Jul. 09 2008,10:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Some people are lazy or don't have enough time to read the articles on that website.</div>
    Anybody we know...? [​IMG]

4. Stefan

Stefan New Member

<div>
    (colby2152 @ Jul. 09 2008,10:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Some people are lazy or don't have enough time to read the articles on that website. What are the basic principles of the program?</div>
    Basically, linear weight progression using your 1RM as a basis, 5 sets each workout 2-3 times a week. Every 2nd week or so, there is a failure test where you perform as many reps as possible at a given weight. If you manage to do more than 6 reps, you increase the weights by 5 pounds. If you manage less than 3 reps, decrease the weights by 5 pounds. A couple of times throughout the program you also do 1 rep of negatives. That's about it i guess... You're supposed to be able to increase your 1RM by about 30 pounds using this program.

5. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Not much different than HST.