Homemade Protein Bars

s7e

Well, I am curious of how to make me some protein bars. Seeing how they cost about $2 a piece, even when ordered online and in a box of them.

I have some Whey Protein that I love, it is strawberry flavor, how could I make this into a bar that I could carry around and eat? I want to keep the same taste when I mix it with milk.

I would also love to make me a peanut butter and chocolate one or something. I was thinking about using chocolate whey protein and some of those peanut butter chips.

Any ideas on how I can make them?

Thanks

I'm not speaking from experience here, but you can make protein "fudge" and protein pudding... my guess would be to try a few different combinations of ingredients like = oats, natural peanut butter, protein powder (chocolate), etc... and just keep changing the amounts until you get something ridiculously thick and chunky.. then freeze em... bingo.

How can I make my whey shake into a bar that is chewy? Thats basically what I need to know.

here is a recipe for protein fudge off another site posted by "MASSLIFTER">

"PROTEIN FUDGE RECIPE
Okay.

2 cups dry oats. Cook until cooked, add a dash of salt.

Keep heat on low and keep stirring till these oats become concrete.

Add 2 HEAPING TBSP NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER.

Add approx 8 scoops "Better than Whey" Chocolate Protein Powder.
(or whatever kind you want as long as it doesnt taste like ###.)

Scoop into a tupperware tray and refrigerate.

Cut into bars.

Eat but make sure to drink plenty of H20. These things are thick."

My guess would be to play with the amount of ingredients to yield something extremely thick and hard... then freeze and then put into fridge and eat them as bars....

Hmmm, what if i just wanted to use basically milk and my strawberry whey protein? How could i make that chewy? Seems if i froze that, it would be ice. :confused:

Yuk. I dont think tuna with whey would taste good at all....I want to keep the flavor the same. :D

do a search online for "homemade candy bars" or "homemade chocolate bars" recipes... then modify them for making protein bars using Natty PB, and the other stuff I mentioned... you might have to play some mad scientist until you get the right ratios of the ingredients.

i remember reading in a magazine awhile back a recipe for a protein snack that was actually the same ingredients as a bar that was made many years ago by a guy named Hoffman? Anyway, it was protein powder, peanut butter, and honey mixed together and then rolled into balls or whatever u wanted and refrigerated , i think they mentioned that some guys added wheat germ for more texture. if anyone tries this recipe let us know.

I will be making some probally this week or this weekend, I will let you know how I make them and how they taste. Wish me luck. ;)

A few years ago I had a recipe that was the same as mentioned above. It had protein powder, wheat germ, honey, and peanut butter. It's tough to mix, but the bars taste pretty good. Definitley worth a try...

Back