How long does it take water to pass through your

This largely depends on body water/electrolyte content, and osmoregulatory hormones that regulate renal water excretion. Way too many factors of renal physiology are involved to give you a good answer.

Dear ruhl,
All else being equal, it is normal for a person to pass water every two hours.
And if you've drunk water, you'd have to wait for four to five hours before you can be put to sleep for surgery. This is the time it takes for the water to clear. Only then can they put you to sleep without fear of the water flowing back-up and drowning you.
Not sure if any of the above answers your question but make sure you get your 8 glasses a day. To wait until you are thirsty is too late, so drink as and when convenient and as much as you comfortably can. Water is something you can't get too much of, but make sure your source is pure. Do a search for a post on water-filters. I've seen a post or two on those before and am considering getting myself a Britta.
Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

wow.gif
9-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dianabol @ Jan. 10 2003,6
wow.gif
9)]Water is something you can't get too much of,
yes you can, and its a phenominon that is starting to become more prevalent

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How long does it take water to pass through your, body?
depends on what you mean, as said above water will pass within say 2 hours or so. But if you mean, how long does it take for the water in the glass you just drunk to get through your system, it depends.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thedon @ Jan. 10 2003,6:46)]I dunno during the day but i know the body looses around 3 ltrs while your sleeping.
laugh.gif

And where does it go? Have you ever seen a 3-L bottle of soda?

Unless you sleep in an oven, there's no way that you'll be able to give off that much fluid through sweat glands
tounge.gif

Urine output for healthy adults is generally in the 1-2L per day range.

Gene

You do lose a lot of water through your breath. I wouldn't risk saying 3 liters, but I bet it's a lot more than most people think.

wow.gif
1-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Jan. 10 2003,1
wow.gif
1)]
Dianabol said:
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]]Water is something you can't get too much of,
yes you can, and its a phenominon that is starting to become more prevalent
Aaron, how much is too much?
Mark
:)

I uasally get mybe 1ltr a day water from milk (non skimmed)
I'm going to up my water intake to 4 ltr a day from the tap but man tap water taste bad (is sydney water worth drinking ? or should i buy a purifier or pure water in bulk ?

Back