how often to cycle creatine just to be

I

imported_ejones

i know that there's no evidence of down regulation after as much as 4 months according to the study in the HSN articles, but if one were planning on using creatine for years then about how often should you take a little time off just in case? would not taking creatine during your SD of your HST cycles be enough time off just to be on the safe side of things??

well since no one really knows the long term effects of creatine for sure, no one can really tell you how much time would be effective as "down-time."

I always just stop taking it during SD. Since you are not training, not much reason to. Any cell volumization you might lose in the time off you will likely regain within the first few days of taking it again.

baby a, do you load when you start up again or just use maintenance and allow your creatine levels to slowly become fully saturated again?

Creatine has been one of the most investigated Supplements out there, there have been no known problems with long term use, so in essence there is no need to cycle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ Aug. 23 2004,10:10)]Creatine has been one of the most investigated Supplements out there, there have been no known problems with long term use, so in essence there is no need to cycle.
I should have pointed that out in my post as well. I just choose not to take it during SD because it seems superfluous.

When I start taking it again, I will usually load up for a couple or three days because I find that it makes me stronger that way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ Aug. 23 2004,10:10)]Creatine has been one of the most investigated Supplements out there, there have been no known problems with long term use, so in essence there is no need to cycle.
that doesn't mean no problems will arise. It is a fairly new supplement. For years, medical journals advertised cigarettes. I too am fairly certain that creatine is not as dangerous as cigarettes and might not be dangerous at all, but you never know.

i'm just concerned with taking anything day in and day out for years. i had taken creatine every day for probably almost half a year before stopping during my current SD. obviously there is no reason to cycle it regularly, like 8 weeks on 4 weeks off like some people recommend, but still if you're planning on taking it for years i'd be curious to hear what some of the experts of the board would recommend just to be on the safe side of things.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Aug. 23 2004,9:29)]For years, medical journals advertised cigarettes.
Huge difference between advertising and promoting as safe.

I do see your point though and yes, anything can change since change is the only constant in the universe, but the best we can do is look at what info is available today and either accept it or not.

Kind of like HST, it is there, it makes perfect sense but, no one is making you believe it, you either choose to or you don't.

Back