HRT and HST

bdanylkiw

I am 43 y/o and I am currently undergoing HRT under the supervision of a very qualified sports physician. I have been diagnosed with very low bioavailable testosterone and IGF-1 levels. I am currently taking 1cc test-enanthate every 2-3 weeks and an oral GH precursor every night before bed (Bioridge's ghrPLUS - see www.bioridge.com for more details on the product). I believe that I am not alone here and I am looking for feedback on the how I can adapt my training, diet and other factors to ensure that I get the most out of the program - any thoughts?

Hi bdanylkiw,

I know you didn't ask my opinion about the GH precursor, but I will give it anyway. They don't work. They are expensive. Save your money.

I'm assuming your getting 100mg Test enanthate each time? With test enanthate you are going to want to increase the frequency to at least once per week if your Doc will cooperate.

Your diet can effect Test and IGFBPs. IGFBPs dictate how much IGF-1 is actually available for your body. Too much protein relative will lower insulin, and thus available IGF-1 and free test levels. Too little fat will also lower test levels. Keeping fat at 30% of total calories is optimum for testosterone.

Your muscles don't really use circulating IGF-1. They make their own inside of each cell to use for muscle growth.

Your muscles will become more sensitive to testosterone with proper training. For more info on the effects of training on both testosterone activity and IGF-1 levels, see the HS:Report #1:

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/HSreport/iss01/testIGF1.html

There is no need to adjust your training for HRT. An effective program will simply be more effective if your hormones are at optimum levels.

Thanks for the reply. FYI, I am actually getting 200mg test enanthate per dose - ie. every 2 - three weeks. Would you still recommend increasing the frequency - and how much would be a reasonable amount/week?

Thanks.
-Brian.

Back