HS:Cre

jsraaf

Started taking HS:Cre 2-3 weeks ago, near the start of my 1st-ever cycle. Never used any creatine before.

I "loaded" during my 2nd week of 15s and have been taking a maintenance dose daily. I am drinking approx. 1 gallon water daily.

A couple questions:

- At this point (after 2-3 weeks), what if anything should I expect to be seeing in terms of muscle size increase from the creatine? Does this come later? Don't really notice much difference as of yet.

- Serving size? I'm using a level 1/2 tablespoon; the directions say "1 heaping teaspoon" but I was looking for something a little more precise to make sure I get about the right amount.

- Do creatine affects vary depending on your caloric intake at all? I'm eating at or slightly below maintenance for this cycle.

- Is 1 gallon of water daily enough? I am 170 lbs.

Thanks in advance for any info.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jsraaf @ Feb. 25 2003,5:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A couple questions:
- At this point (after 2-3 weeks), what if anything should I expect to be seeing in terms of muscle size increase from the creatine? Does this come later? Don't really notice much difference as of yet.

Most people don't "see" a size difference in the mirror right away, unless their diet is appropriate. They usually see and increase in bodyweight within the first 2 weeks though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]- Serving size? I'm using a level 1/2 tablespoon; the directions say "1 heaping teaspoon" but I was looking for something a little more precise to make sure I get about the right amount.

You don't have to be too precise about it. It is not a drug. Nevertheless, the most precise recommendation made in research that I have found suggests:

* 0.3 grams per kilogram bodyweight for loading

* 0.03 grams per kilogram bodyweight thereafter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] - Do creatine affects vary depending on your caloric intake at all? I'm eating at or slightly below maintenance for this cycle.

Yes. Creatine has the greatest effect when calories are sufficient to grow. ( Read more about kcals for growth)

But this shouldn't surpise anybody.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]- Is 1 gallon of water daily enough? I am 170 lbs.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Water won't effect your results with creatine. Calories, particularly carbs and protein, will though. You want to eat in such a way that you carb load after each workout.

The results you see from creatine aren't always visible. If you are dieting you might notice that your strength is better maintained while losing weight.

If you are eating to gain your will see about 2-4 extra pounds on average.

If you want the most from your creatine, take it in your pre-workout protein drink with about 20-30 grams of simple sugar.

Back