HSN Primer/Driver

James

The products sound very good! One gripe I have with so many of these products is the recommended use! You buy 5lbs and according to there recommendation it lasts only 1 week! How often is recommended usage of the HSN products, aside from before and after workouts. What about recovery days when there is no workout planned!

Thanks,
James

On rest days it is not neccessary to take protein powders. A good diet with 1g/lb protein and excess calories will provide all you need to grow on off days.
The only reason for taking it pre and post workout is to make sure that the muscles are getting everything they need at these crucial times.
If however you are 300lbs and have trouble consuming neccessary quanities of protein (300lbs @ 1g/lb = 300g of protein/day) perhaps a couple of proetin shakes might help you achive your requirements

I only use Primer and Driver before and after workouts. On rest days, I use a vanilla protein powder in my morning coffee on the way to work. For the rest of the day, I try to stick to food. . . but if you're going to augment with a protein powder on off days, you can't beat Driver (high-quality slow protein.)

Using P/D only with workouts, I get a LOT of time from a pair of bottles. . . several months.

I would recommend that you focus on your diet (meat/dairy) for protein most of the time. P&D are primarily designed for pre-and post-workout. You should get at least a month from each bottle that way (30 servings).

If you want to use them on off days, I use 1 scoop Primer with 1 scoop Driver mixed together, and maybe a banana thrown in.

Back