HST + PH (19-nor/4AD) cycle results

Arbitro

I just completed a 4-week prohormone (using Nor-Aderm / 4AD) bulking cycle, my first venture into prohormones. Since this is my first PH cycle, I took a somewhat cautious approach with regard to dosing as well as caloric surplus, so that I could gauge my response & tolerance, side effects, etc. to the androgen as well as a much higher than normal calorie intake.

I intend (at this point) to take 4 weeks off & do another 4-week cycle. Then (around Jan. '04), I would probably begin cutting in preparation for a spring break family vacation in Cancun. I hope to keep fat gain to a minimum to make this be a less-than-monumental task.

My goal for the next 6 months or so is to be at ~185lb at 10-12% BF. Not particularly lofty by comparison to many, but a definite improvement for me. Hopefully, this is do-able. We'll see.

<span style='color:green'>Supplementation</span>

Nor-Aderm + 3g 4AD powder - 3 days @ 6x2 squirts/day, 4 days @ 8x2 squirts/day, remaining days @ 10x2 squirts/day
Creatine (5g)
Multi-vitamin (1)
Fish oil (6g)

<span style='color:green'>Post-cycle</span>

6-OXO
2 days @ 6 caps/day
2 weeks @ 3 caps/day

I experienced virtually no detectable HPTA shutdown or testicular shrinkage. Side effects were minimal, some blemishes but nothing requiring additional treatment. If this changes with use of 6-OXO, I will begin taking B5.

<span style='color:green'>Nutrition</span>

Calories: roughly, maintenance + 800-1000; 300g protein, 225g carb, 75g fat (40/35/25 p/c/f), in 8 meals/day (incl. pre &amp; post-workout); calories will be reduced slightly on off days
Pre-workout: 25g protein + 20g dextrose
Post-workout: 40-50g protein + 20g dextrose + 20g maltodextrin
Calories will be kept high post-cycle but carbs will likely be reduced

<span style='color:green'>Training</span>

HST protocol - full body, 3x / week
I increased volume somewhat while &quot;on&quot; by adding extra work sets &amp; possible additional sets on weak areas on off-days. Reducing the volume back to normal post-cycle, but weights will continue to increase per the HST protocol.

<span style='color:green'>Final stats, as of 10/11/03</span>

Start...........................End
BF%: ~14-15%..............?
Weight: 168 lbs...........184 lbs <span style='color:red'>(+16 lbs)</span>
Chest: 41.75in.............43.125in <span style='color:red'>(+ 1.375 in)</span>
L. Quad: 20.25in..........21.625in <span style='color:red'>(+1.375 in)</span>
R. Quad: 19.5in............21in <span style='color:red'>(+ 1.5 in)</span>
(taken 7-8in above knee)
L. Bicep: 13.625in ........14.5in <span style='color:red'>(+.875 in)</span>
R. Bicep: 13.75in .........14.75in <span style='color:red'>(+1.0 in)</span>
Waist: 34.5in................36.25in <span style='color:red'>(+1.75 in)</span>
<span style='color:gray'>These are all self-measured; no assistance, and some margin for error. </span>

I am very pleased with the gains from this cycle &amp; am hopeful that water weight is minimal and the majority will be retained. Very curious to see where I am, in terms of size, in a few weeks.

I'll measure &amp; post stats weekly during my post-cycle recovery period (4 weeks), prior to beginning a second Nor-Aderm/4AD cycle at that time.

I am in the 5s portion of my HST cycle, so weights continue to increase while off, and while unassisted I expect to retain (or gain) during this portion &amp; the negatives which will follow (dropsets being done during 5s and negatives). I'll take 1 week SD, probably 1 week of 15s in my next HST cycle as part of my 4 weeks off Nor-Aderm, and begin again in the 10s portion of the next HST cycle.

Nice gains.

Curious, what do you mean with you &quot;experienced virtually no detectable HPTA shutdown&quot;? How long has it been and what are you using to gauge your endogenous testosterones levels?

Nice results. My only concern was this statement:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Calories: roughly, maintenance + 800-1000; 300g protein, 225g carb, 75g fat

This is 2775kcals, or rougly maintenance+800kcal for a voluptious woman weighing 130lbs, not a 180lbs guy. :D

hmm yeah, 180lbs...I guess maintenance lvl should be around 3000-3200 kcal with training...so therefore you could go up to 4000 kcal or even more...

but as a lot of people told me, a higher kcal intake post cycles probably better then during it...(testo lvl...)

I hear what you're saying! :D

But. . . going in I weighed 168. For me, at age 41 with a sedentary daily life (pencilneck geek day job) maintenance is around 1800-2000 cals, perhaps slightly more -- unless I have totally miscalculated my requirements.

During the PH cycle I did elevate to around 3000-3200 total.

Some of the waist gain is due to stomach enlargement (or so it feels), but I did also gain some SAT &amp; VAT as well. So I think the calories were adequate.

I will maintain cals at around this level post-cycle with retention in mind; if I start getting measurably fatter w/out the PH &amp; partitioning I'll have to reduce.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (restless @ Oct. 16 2003,4:01)]Nice gains.
Curious, what do you mean with you &quot;experienced virtually no detectable HPTA shutdown&quot;? How long has it been and what are you using to gauge your endogenous testosterones levels?
Thanks.

Right, without bloodwork I do not know for certain. I am going by shrinkage (or lack of), energy levels &amp; libido returning to normal as my indicators. Lethargy was my largest issue, and it has subsided while off.

So, really just going by &quot;feel&quot; though admittedly this is not a definitive measure, and I'm sure there was some shutdown I will need to recover from, thought it feels minimal.

Back