I’m gaining muscle but losing weight!

badbart

I’ve been training HST for 4 weeks and love it, I’ve been getting bigger but my body weight is dropping. I like having stomach muscles but I’m not sure if losing weight effects may muscles gains. Is this possible to lose fat and gain muscle?

IMO yes...as a former bloater that is..

from what ive experienced, when i was at a high BF%
you only have to feed your LBM.
in my case i was 32% fat with a LBM of 170lbs..
...total 250lbs

170lbs only requires around 2210 calories for maintainance
250lbs requires around 3250 calories

i was eating around 2600 calories, which took me from benching 32kg to benching 95kg in about 9 months...

have lost 50ish lbs in that time as well..

My guess is that you have a high bodyfat% and should be focused on losing weight right now anyways.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Feb. 28 2005,12:03)]My guess is that you have a high bodyfat% and should be focused on losing weight right now anyways.
I didn’t make my post very clear, I seem to be losing weight but gaining muscle. I’m a skinny guy and want to do a lean to bulk. With other weight lifting routines I upped my calories and I gained weight but I was a thin guy with muscles and a small gut and gains that always seemed to stop but now people say I look bigger after 4 weeks of HST but the scale and my waist are smaller.

Badbart... that's not really anything to complain about! Slowly increase your calories. If you're losing weight, then you're expending more energy than you're taking in. Have an extra shake and more chicken or something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MicroBerto @ Feb. 28 2005,12:54)]Badbart... that's not really anything to complain about! Slowly increase your calories. If you're losing weight, then you're expending more energy than you're taking in. Have an extra shake and more chicken or something.
You are right its just strange never has happened before, I love it. I just wonder if could make a little more in terms of lean muscle gains.

Back