Im do adaqute cardio and working out but

Seabound07

I've been doing 16min level 1-3 on ar recumbent bike at the gyrm before a workout, then i warm up with rotator cuff prresses.. but i seem to keep getting more fat...

Are you trying to lose fat or gain muscle? 16 minutes of cardio a few times a week really isn't that much - especially at a level 1 - 3.

Have you calculated your BMR?

How many calories are you taking in a day?

What is the macronutrient ratio?

my BM index is 22.3-4%
and im at 13+BF
And calorie intake is quite alot.

Macronutrient i dunno...

I eat mostly bagels, and lowfat muffins now...

<div>
(Seabound07 @ Jun. 18 2006,11:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">my BM index is 22.3-4%
and im at 13+BF
And calorie intake is quite alot.

Macronutrient i dunno...

I eat mostly bagels, and lowfat muffins now...</div>
I should reach through my computer screen and slap you!

just kidding
biggrin.gif

Your BMR is your basal metabolic rate. I.e .the # of calories you burn in a day. You must know what and how much you are eating. At a very basic level, make sure:

1) You are eating less calories then you burn. This means either use various tools to calculate your BMR and subtract 500 kcals, or use the ballbark figure of body weight x10 to guestimate your caloric max. And don't go too low, you'll just crash your metabolism. Track everything you eat. Try using FitDay for help with that.

2) Eat .7g - 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight everyday

3) Get about 20% of your total calories from good fat (unsaturated). Fitday tracks this for you too.

4) Fill the rest with good, complex carbs (oatmeal, fruits, veggies . . . not bagles and muffins). Sh!t that's got some fiber in it.

If you are serious about fat loss, you have some reading to do.

Start with The Diet &amp; nutrition FAQs. Probably the single best source for fat loss info, especially the comments by Lyle. Read up on that and post back with questions.

static bikes are not very good for losing fat your weight is being supported ,try treadmill,stepper,crosstrainer, if you have to use the bike do it after weights  hiit stlye it burns more fat,just sitting about or sleeping you need 12cals per lb bodyweight.
it takes 3500cals over maintanence to gain 1lb of fat,or 3500 cals under to lose a 1lb of fat.
so if you ate 500 over for a week you would gain 1lb of fat.
if you ate 500 under you would lose 1lb of fat.
that is if you dont exercise if you train you have to work out how many cals you use during your workouts plus other daily activitys and add that onto your cals for the day .
so if you weigh ie 100lbs thats 1200cals
your activitys use another 1200cals
thats a total of 2400 cals anything over that or under you will gain or lose fat    

Back