Impending US prohormone ban

Calkid

June 8th, next tuesday, the senate will consider an act that bans all steroid metabolites or precursors and makes it much much easier to ban future prohormones.

This is bad. It will probably pass; it passed the house with 99% voting yes.

I urge you, fax your senators before it's too late! (Don't use email; they don't really read those)

www.senate.gov for contact info.

Here's what I faxed them:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As a nutritional supplement consumer and a voter in your district, I am gravely concerned about three bills: H.R. 3866, Sen. Biden's S. 2195, and Sen. Biden’s S. 1780. All three bills would circumvent the protections of the Dietary Supplements Health and Education Act (DSHEA) and infringe upon the nutritional freedoms of Americans. They would remove dietary supplement products from the market without a scientific basis and without demonstrating any legitimate public health concerns. All three bills would reclassify a variety of popular over-the-counter prohormone supplements into the Controlled Substances Act.

It is true that potential for abuse of these drugs exists, especially in the case of teenagers. However, outlawing prohormones will inadvertently cause further harm to the health of many supplement consumers. In the world of hormonal enhancements, there have always been two choices. On the one hand, illegal steroids, obtained through unsavory sources, purchased on good faith that the product actually exists in the correct dosages and is safe for injection. People are consistently scammed in the steroid world, and oftentimes products will be deliberately replaced with cheaper alternatives that have drastically different effects. The result of unknowingly using one product at the dosages of another can be severe health issues. On the other hand, there are prohormones; legitimately sold, regulated for purity and content, they represent a way to avoid the strange underground world of steroids. They are already sold only to adults, and are arguably much less dangerous than tobacco or alcohol, which are available indirectly to teens in copious amounts. On average, prohormones are abused to a mere fraction of the degree that those more highly available drugs are.

In legislating prohormones as illegal, so many men who would have preferred the safe and legal option will end up turning to steroids, whose safe use is impeded by the black market’s lack of regulation. I implore you, do not vote to remove the right of a small minority of fitness-minded men to buy and safely use prohormones simply because of a lay public that responds emotionally to a few “worst-case scenario” stories of teen abuse. Please, choose the informed route, and vote no on those bills. Favor “smart” supplement bills that would take science into consideration and make prohormones harder to obtain for youngsters rather than outright banning them because of a few bad apples.

Sincerely, Calkid

Sites such as www.bulknutrition.com are selling prohormones right up until the ban. If you use or have ever considered using prohormones, STOCK UP NOW, or forever resort to steroids.

Im sure phs will be banned soon...so in which countries are they still legal afterwards? canada? and does anyone knows a good/big internet shop in one of these countries?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nemesis7884 @ June 06 2004,1:49)]Im sure phs will be banned soon...so in which countries are they still legal afterwards? canada? and does anyone knows a good/big internet shop in one of these countries?
Definitely not Canada, they're more strict on drugs than the US is. Buying phs over the web will be essentially the same as buying steroids over the web. They'll be in the same category as far as the law is concerned. Stock up now, kiss them goodbye when you're done with what you have.

The ban is likely to cause an increase in usage of real juice, since no one's gonna risk their legal hide to get 4AD on the street. If it's the same risk just go for the real stuff. No one who supports these bills seems to get the underlying fact that you can't stop people from using, steroids or any other drug, by making usage illegal.

the only thin will happen that unreliable and not trustworthy dealers will sell crappy stuff that harms people...but I actuall have great results with phs so why should i change to roids? what a shame...sometimes I am really confused about how stupid the goverment in each country is...they have always ideas which they dident really think about and everybody else sees how stupid they are...

banning phs just because some morons miss used them ist the same #### like banning cars because of a deadly accident...

all the laws and restrictions the united states have and get....you should watch out or will soon wake up in a police state
butbut.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nemesis7884 @ June 06 2004,3:25)]but I actuall have great results with phs so why should i change to roids?
Because of a spin on an old saying: if you're going to do the time you might as well do the crime. Think of it this way...

You have two substances to choose from, one gets you great results, the other gets you mild results. Both will get you the same amount of time in prison, the same fine, etc. If the legal risk is the same for both, you're better off maximizing your gains and using the more effective substance. It's a basic economic equation. You're willing to take the risk but you don't want to unnecessarily take more risk than you have to because you do value your freedom. So you use the better substance to avoid the added risk of more buying for the same results.

I'm not saying this is how you personally will react, but most people who are willing to buy an illegal substance will. They've already decided to shoulder the risk of an illegal buy, it's then just a matter of minimizing the risk and maximizing the gains from each exposure. You'll have same risk of tainted and poisonous products whether it's steroids or prohormones, it makes sense for people to move to real juice. Less buying, less legal risk, for better results.

The faxes, emails, letters, and calls will do nothing to stop this.

If we had been organized and affiliated with a large (and preferably wealthy) voter base, then, and only then, would we possibly have a chance to fight it.

This is absolutely ridiculous (though expected). The government needs to know their role (literally) and get the f*ck out of our lives.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The government needs to know their role (literally) and get the f*ck out of our lives.

so what political party agress with this? dems, repubs, greens?
nope nope nope

then how are you going to convince them?

Libertarians understand this but they can't get their act together, just picked a nutjob for the prez candidate.

there is also another saying: never change a running system...
tounge.gif

i think its quiet interesting that in europe, laws are getting looser whereas in the usa everything is becomming much more "zero tolerance" and you "mustnt"....you will soon be that much controlled that living in usa aint be any fun more
crazy.gif

here in europe in the most places they even will legalize the most soft drugs soon, such as cannabis
thumbs-up.gif

maybe they will legalize roids, phs, etc as well...in the UK they allready are...

FYI, here are the substances listed on the Biden bill. Sorry, some of the greek symbols didn't work, but I think you'll get the idea. It covers just about everything on the market at the moment.
‘‘(A) The term ‘anabolic steroid’ means any drug or 10
hormonal substance, chemically and pharmacologically re- 11
lated to testosterone (other than estrogens, progestins, 12
corticosteroids, and dehydroepiandrosterone), and in- 13
cludes— 14
‘‘(i) androstanediol— 15
‘‘(I) 3£],17£]-dihydroxy-5£\-androstane; and 16
‘‘(II) 3£\,17£]-dihydroxy-5£\-androstane; 17
‘‘(ii) androstanedione (5£\-androstan-3,17- 18
dione); 19
‘‘(iii) androstenediol— 20
‘‘(I) 1-androstenediol (3£],17£]-dihydroxy- 21
5£\-androst-1-ene); 22
‘‘(II) 1-androstenediol (3£\,17£]-dihydroxy- 23
5£\-androst-1-ene); 24
‘‘(III) 4-androstenediol (3£],17£]-dihydroxy- 25
androst-4-ene); and 26
°ES 1780 IS
‘‘(IV) 5-androstenediol (3b,17£]-dihydroxy- 1
androst-5-ene); 2
‘‘(iv) androstenedione— 3
‘‘(I) 1-androstenedione ([5£\]-androst-1-en- 4
3,17-dione); 5
‘‘(II) 4-androstenedione (androst-4-en- 6
3,17-dione); and 7
‘‘(III) 5-androstenedione (androst-5-en- 8
3,17-dione); 9
‘‘(v) bolasterone (7£\,17£\-dimethyl-17£]- 10
hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one); 11
‘‘(vi) boldenone (17£]-hydroxyandrost-1,4,-diene- 12
3-one); 13
‘‘(vii) calusterone (7£],17£\-dimethyl-17£]- 14
hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one); 15
‘‘(viii) clostebol (4-chloro-17£]-hydroxyandrost-4- 16
en-3-one); 17
‘‘(ix) dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (4-chloro- 18
17£]-hydroxy-17£\-methyl-androst-1,4-dien-3-one); 19
‘‘(x) 4-dihydrotestosterone (17£]-hydroxy- 20
androstan-3-one); 21
‘‘(xi) drostanolone (17£]-hydroxy-2£\-methyl-5£\- 22
androstan-3-one); 23
‘‘(xii) ethylestrenol (17£\-ethyl-17£]-hydroxyestr- 24
4-ene); 25
°ES 1780 IS
‘‘(xiii) fluoxymesterone (9-fluoro-17£\-methyl- 1
11£],17£]-dihydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one); 2
‘‘(xiv) formebolone (2-formyl-17£\-methyl- 3
11£\,17£]-dihydroxyandrost-1,4-dien-3-one); 4
‘‘(xv) furazabol (17£\-methyl-17£]- 5
hydroxyandrostano[2,3-c]-furazan); 6
‘‘(xvi) 18£\-homo-17£]-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one 7
(13£]-ethyl-17£]-hydroxygon-4-en-3-one); 8
‘‘(xvii) 4-hydroxytestosterone (4,17£]-dihydroxy- 9
androst-4-en-3-one); 10
‘‘(xviii) 4-hydroxy-19-nortestosterone (4,17£]- 11
dihydroxy-estr-4-en-3-one); 12
‘‘(xix) mestanolone (17£\-methyl-17£]-hydroxy- 13
5£\-androstan-3-one); 14
‘‘(xx) mesterolone (1£\-methyl-17£]-hydroxy- 15
[5£\]-androstan-3-one); 16
‘‘(xxi) methandienone (17£\-methyl-17£]- 17
hydroxyandrost-1,4-dien-3-one); 18
‘‘(xxii) methandriol (17£\-methyl-3£],17£]- 19
dihydroxyandrost-5-ene); 20
‘‘(xxiii) methenolone (1-methyl-17£]-hydroxy-5£\- 21
androst-1-en-3-one); 22
‘‘(xxiv) methyltestosterone (17£\-methyl-17£]- 23
hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one); 24
°ES 1780 IS
‘‘(xxv) mibolerone (7£\,17£\-dimethyl-17£]- 1
hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one); 2
‘‘(xxvi) nandrolone (17£]-hydroxyestr-4-en-3- 3
one); 4
‘‘(xxvii) norandrostenediol— 5
‘‘(I) 19-nor-4-androstenediol (3£], 17£]- 6
dihydroxyestr-4-ene); 7
‘‘(II) 19-nor-4-androstenediol (3£\, 17£]- 8
dihydroxyestr-4-ene); 9
‘‘(III) 19-nor-5-androstenediol (3£], 17£]- 10
dihydroxyestr-5-ene); and 11
‘‘(IV) 19-nor-5-androstenediol (3£\, 17£]- 12
dihydroxyestr-5-ene); 13
‘‘(xxviii) norandrostenedione— 14
‘‘(I) 19-nor-4-androstenedione (estr-4-en- 15
3,17-dione); and 16
‘‘(II) 19-nor-5-androstenedione (estr-5-en- 17
3,17-dione; 18
‘‘(xxix) norbolethone (18£\-homo-17£]- 19
hydroxypregna-4-en-3-one); 20
‘‘(xxx) norclostebol (4-chloro-17£]-hydroxyestr-4- 21
en-3-one); 22
‘‘(xxxi) norethandrolone (17£\-ethyl-17£]- 23
hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one); 24
°ES 1780 IS
‘‘(xxxii) oxandrolone (17£\-methyl-17£]-hydroxy- 1
2-oxa-[5£\]-androstan-3-one); 2
‘‘(xxxiii) oxymesterone (17£\-methyl-4,17£]- 3
dihydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one); 4
‘‘(xxxiv) oxymetholone (17£\-methyl-2- 5
hydroxymethylene-17£]-hydroxy-[5£\]-androstan-3- 6
one); 7
‘‘(xxxv) stanozolol (17£\-methyl-17£]-hydroxy- 8
[5£\]-androst-2-eno[3,2-c]-pyrazole); 9
‘‘(xxxvi) stenbolone (17£]-hydroxy-2-methyl- 10
[5£\]-androst-1-en-3-one); 11
‘‘(xxxvii) testolactone (13-hydroxy-3-oxo-13,17- 12
secoandrosta-1,4-dien-17-oic acid lactone); 13
‘‘(xxxviii) 1-testosterone (17£]-hydroxy-5£\- 14
androst-1-en-3-one); 15
‘‘(xxxix) testosterone (17£]-hydroxyandrost-4-en- 16
3-one); 17
‘‘(xl) tetrahydrogestrinone (13£],17£\-diethyl- 18
17£]-hydroxygon-4,9,11-trien-3-one); 19
‘‘(xli) trenbolone (17£]-hydroxyestr-4,9,11-trien- 20
3-one); and 21
‘‘(xlii) any salt, ester, or ether of a drug or sub- 22
stance described in this paragraph.’’;

Steroids are known to be very stable. If they aren't in solution, in a sealed dry container...who knows? Certainly you could keep them for several years. Putting them in the freezer would most likely lengthen the time you could store them as well.

This is a bummer man. I not really for or against prohomones but I'd really like the freedom to choose if I want to use them one day.

The bill, passed 408-3, that is amazing, I wonder what the senate vote is going to look like.

Back