insulin/carb questions while on E/C

• Thread starter imported_ejones
  • Start date
I

imported_ejones

here is a quote from the HST FAQ in the supplements thread
"Keep carbs relatively low while using ephedrine. Insulin counter acts the effects of ephedrine and will ultimately hinder fat loss if carbs remain too high."
i'm trying to lower calories only slightly while using E/C to burn some fat as well as preserve or even gain slightly some strength and muscle. how low should my carbs be for the day to keep insulin from effecting the e/c? i hate doing low carb diets so im looking for a level where i can still eat a good amount of carbs but not enough to greatly effect the e/c. i'm eating about 2500 cals per day and doing either cardio or lifting about 6 days a week. could i just eat most of my carbs later on in the evening b/c i don't take e/c after about 5 o'clock and the e/c would be out of my system anyways a few hours after taking it? also i was wondering if artificial sweeteners are anything to worry about as far as insulin levels go (i saw this in another thread and am just making sure it's nothing to worry about)

any opinions?? right now i just started up taking my e/c again but haven't really made any carb adjustments yet. is it something that i should worry about or will it not effect the e/c fat loss all that much??

I don't think you'll have to worry about gaining strength/muscle while cutting, if that's what you're asking. Eating carbs when not in the E/C window will help replenish muscle glycogen stores, so...

...I think you'll live. Might want to check with other poeple, just to be safe. ;)

It may effect insulin sensitivity, but the research that shows e/c works didnt have the subjects on low carb anyway...

dont worry about it unless you are trying to get to LOOOOW BF

Back