Is what I eat ok?

I

imported_damo

Hi,

I WO at 11am, prior to this I eat 2 slices wholemeal toast and peanut butter and coffee at 10am. Straight before WO I have protein shake.

Sound ok?

Damo

What type of shake? Whey/Mixed with simple carbs? Casseine? What about after your WO? What about the rest of the day?

All this needs to be considered, one meal doesn't make a good anabolic environment.

What is your current weight?

2 slices toast (unbuttered) is in the realm of 120 Kcals
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter is around 290 Kcals

Coffee Black is 0 Kcal

One scoop whey is around 100 to 140 Kcal (depending on MFG)

So you are eating about 530 Kcal before your workout.

If you weigh 160Lb you should be eating in the neigborhood of 2500 to 3000 Kcals per day. So the above would be a good start (if your eating that caloric intake 5 to 6 times a day). But you should add some simple carbs in the Pre WO shake.

Hi, Thanks for reply.

Its a whey shake with no (minimal) carbs.

Weight is currently 70kg, after WO I have protein shake again, about 150g pasta and 150g chicken or tuna. Few hours after that will have rice pudding, about 40g carbs and 8g protein.
Bit after that a glass of milk, and for dinner some kind of meat based meal with lowish carbs.
FYI the coffee is a starbucks skinny mocha so many more cals than 0!!
Thanks for feeback
Damo

I agree, you should get some carbs in your shakes if you are trying to bulk up.

Personally, I like maltodextrin. I can't stand the sweetness of dextrose, but if you like it, go for it. Maltodextrin is basically tasteless. Both are dirt cheap.

Good luck!

Mikey

Back