Leptigen

Wedgewod

Can someone explain to me the concept behind this product in laymen's terms. I've checked out avantlabs/mindandmuscle.net on the subject, but most of it is over my head. I also can't seem to find what the actual ingredients are.

Thanks,
BB

Here are the ingredients:

galactose
BCAA's
IP6
Betaine HCl
glucosamine HCl
Glutamine
creatine pyruvate
Lecithin
sodium acetate
histadine
arginine
Leucine
Taurine
Magnesium citrate
calcium lactate
n-acetyl-cysteine
d,l Phenylalanine
d-mannose
Acetyl-l-cartinine
n-acetyl-glucosamine
vitamin E acetate
l-carnitine
inositol
Glycine
salt (iodized, K+)
calcium pantothenate
Proline
Citrulline
n-acetyl-tyrosine
vit C/ascorbate
GABA
simmondsin
5-HTP
alpha lipoic aicd
synephrine
Zinc
folic acid 10% w/tmg
biotin 1%
selenomethionin

Mind you, I am NOT the Leptigen expert. Nevertheless, I will attempt an explanation. Hopefully someone else can explain it better.

Basically, when you are dieting your body burns fat at a nice pace at first. The longer your calories are restricted, though, the more your body starts freaking out thinking you are starving. What your body then does it turn your metabolism down in an effort to preserve calories - this stops the fat burning process. Your body also secretes something called Neuropeptide-Y, which is the cause of the very strong hunger craving - telling you to get off your @$$ and eat something. In the past, the only way to prevent this shutdown was to employ periodic "refeeds", which tell your body that you are fine and that it can continue to burn fat. It does this via Leptin, which is secreted when your body senses nutrients traveling through digestion pathways.

What Leptigen does it trick your body into thinking you are eating again, without the need for the excess calories involved with a classic refeed. This causes your body's Leptin levels to rise back to normal and let's the fat burning process continue. It also quashes the extreme hunger cravings that you normally experience while dieting.

Leptigen also has some Nutrient Partitioning ingredients, but I am not even going to attempt an explanation. Basically directing nutrients away from Fat cells and into muscle cells.

Again, hopefully someone can fill in what I am missing due to ignorance.

I hope this helps.

On a personal note, I have using Leptigen for a little over a week, on an extremely reduced carb intake and I have never felt so good. I am not flat or listless, nor do I drool everytime I hear the fridge open. I am not losing muscle and I have lost over an inch around my waist.

Actually, that was a pretty good response D_Sade.

I'll just restate it in as simple terms as possible.

1) A caloric deficit is perceived as starvation, causing among other things leptin levels to fall.

2) Thus, in addition to burning fat stores, decreased leptin causes a cascade of negative things we experience when dieting: slowed metabolism, muscle loss, increased and uncontrollable hunger and cravings, etc.

3) This can only be fixed by sending the FED signal to the body, telling it it is not starving. Hence the concept of refeeds.

4) Leptigen mimics food an sends a much stronger FED signal then the number of calories it contains. It does this through a proprietary blend of certain macro AND micro nutrients. Specifically, the ingredirnts choose, in the quantities used, will send a several hundred calorie FED signal to the body while only sending 20 calories per serving.

5) Thus, it is best used several times per day, between meals. As a result hunger and cravings will be a thing of the past, metabolism will stay high, you will be in an anabolic, rather than catabolic state, etc.

Hope this helps.

The write-up is actually intended to be in layman's terms :)

But, unfortunately, it integrates about 5-10 major concepts, most of which are not even fully understood or elucidated within the sub-disciplines of academia the literature comes from -- and, modern academia is remarkably myopic/specialized, so they often don't know of the existence of the other ones, much less understand them -- thus, it is impossible to make it simple, without taking out all of the science and the theorizing.

Back