Limited Appetite

mikey_270

First off, I am an EXTREMELY picky eater. I didn't eat any kind of meat for the first 20 years of my life - not because of the animals, but because I couldn't stomach it. Fruits and veggies - no way! So I'm trying to come up with a 2500 + calorie diet to gain mass with as little fat as possible by using foods that I like.

I am 5' 10" and 165 lbs.

Here is what I have so far - any imput will be GREATLY appreciated!

6am - 3 eggs, 3 sl. bacon, 3 sl. of bread & Orange Juice
9am - whey protein shake
12pm - 1/2 Lean Cuisine Pizza & Sprite
3pm - 3 softshell tacos & sprite
6pm - Lean Cuisine Pizza & Sprite

All together, with 7 whey protein shakes throughout the day adds up to be:

2985 calories
300g carbohydrates
200g protein
51g fat

Does this sound reasonable at all?

Thanks again,

Mikey

that's a lot of shakes. First of all, kill the Sprites. Three Sprites a day is more sugar than most people want. I'd replace that with water or lowfat milk.

Eventhough you are a picky eater, have you tried other foods to see if you could stomach them?

Except for your breakfast the diet you are proposing is 1. Unique 2. Not the healthiest 3. Adequate as far as calories 3. Inadequate as far as vitamins, minerals and other nutrients (good essential fats for one, antioxidants for another). 4. More than adequate in an overabundance of refined processed sugar and unneeded preservatives.

You can supplement to improve this but supplementation shouldn't replace good food.

Instead of pigeonholeing yourself into this diet maybe you should try some other nourishing food and see if you can expand your horizons, so to speak. Maybe some fresh raw veggies, or good wholesome grains, fish, chicken. I know you say you can't stand them but they are like milk," they do your body good". Who knows you might find some good foods you like.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ June 17 2004,4:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Maybe some fresh raw veggies...
dkm1987 certainly provided valuable advice. my only thought would be if you are just starting to work on acclamating your palate to healthier foods, you might as well cook those vegetables to whatever extent necessary. i would still rather eat broccoli steamed to death rather than raw anyday. watch the fat-laden sauces, but throw your favorite spices on everything (note, if you like black pepper, try using fresh cracked peppercorns instead pre-ground stuff - a huge difference).

i used to not eat any valuable vegetables, but i found that if you just start eating them with some regularity, your tastes (ahem) actual change so that you will begin to tolerate and eventually enjoy new foods. granted, some things are just plain bad, but i have learned to eat and enjoy almost everything healthy. on the same token, i try to avoid learning to appreciate new foods that are unhealthy (for instance, i never liked mayo and feel no need to get used to consuming it).

-bug

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bugpowder @ June 17 2004,3:43)]you might as well cook those vegetables to whatever extent necessary.
Oh man, "you ruins it" , as Golem would say.

Nothing like taking some raw Broc and Cauliflower, and dipping them in some cool Ranch Dressing, add a slice of Lean Ham and Swiss on an all natural Wheat and Flax Seed Cracker.

Or some smoked Salmon with raw carrots and Cauliflower dippped in a fine mustard sauce.

Or better yet some nice fresh Ham and Provolone Cabbage rolls. Lightly sprinkled with pepper and just a pinch of vinegar and olive oil.

dang I better go eat

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thank you all for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

I've adjusted my picky diet a bit. I took the Sprites away along with the... (huge sigh)... tacos - repacing it with anoter breakfast meal. I also added a "lettuce salad" as lettuce is the only vegetable that I can stomach.

Also, I threw in some fish oil and flax oil for the essential fats.

And I changed the white bread to wheat bread.

Anyway, here is what I have now:

Mikey's Picky Eater Diet:

6am - 2 eggs, 3 slices bacon, 2 slices wheat bread, flax oil, OJ
9am - turkey sandwich
12pm - Lean Cuisine Pizza
3pm - 2 eggs, 3 slices bacon, 2 slices wheat bread, fish oil, OJ
6pm - salad, Lean Cuisine Pizza, flax oil
9pm - turkey sandwich, fish oil
10pm - Orange Juice

3 Whey Protein Shakes throughout the day (1 before and 1 after workout, on workout days)

Totals: 2775 calories, 201g protein, 305g carbs & 64g fat

Any better? :confused:

Thanks again, guys!

Mikey

Back