Losing fat

bodyguard

Hello lifters,

I am interest to your experience in losing fat:

1. A maintains caloric programme 15 x lbs. + 3-4 time aerobics. To be sure to not lose muscle.(And hoping still gaining muscle)

2. A cutting caloric 10-12xlbs

Other suggestions are welcome
Thanks
:)
From Holland : ;)

hello body,

I am newbie here and I m interested in this topic.

I have no expierence with cuting but I m really interested.

maybe somebody could tell me where to get the info?

Mo

You both may benefit from going to the FAQ section. There may be some useful information for you there. I personally am a fan of ketogenic dieting where you cut carbs drastically for a few days and carb up about every third day. My schedule for cutting is this: I cut carbs every day (~75 g/day) except for Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday night in which I have a carb up meal with little to no fat and protein. This keeps me just out of ketosis and does not allow my glycogen stored to get too depleted. These refeeds can boost leptin levels too, essential for losing fat. There are other methods that work and everyone has to adjust macronutrient ratios to fit their lifestyle and frame. Good luck!

Hi Biz,

Interesting info man.
So you cut every 2 days carbs and you eat than 75 grm carbs. Are you than on the 10/12 cal per day?

On the third day you have a carb up meal in the night. What time is that than and how much cal are eating?

I suppose you have succes with this diet for losing fat and keeping your muslce?

Mikeh,

Have you expierence with the topic of the news letter what you mentioned?

(for somebody who's from Belgium is not always so easy to understand English):(

Mo
dozingoff.gif

Hi guys,

I have a question about the article what Mikeh mentioned ( using cardio for a body ? transformation)

I dont understand the paragraph before the last one . Firs we are talking about reducing carbohydrates in the diet and than he mentioned ?If you?ve done it right, you will be consuming tons of carbs before you even begin to diet. All of this allows you to play with your carb intake at a much higher level than you could if you had cut them right at the beginning?.

I cant follow this one. Maybe somebody can help me?

Mo
(feel still blond)
dozingoff.gif

Don't worry Mo - many of us (myself included) feel pretty "blond" about this stuff too. :D

I think what it's saying is that when you raise your carbs & calories to maintain your weight, the body gets accustomed to it. Then,when you reduce after having begun the cardio, it sees that as dieting - and in fact, you are, as you are now eating less calories (though higher than before you started maintaining weight) now & burning more through the cardio. It's all relative; your let body get used to X calories, then you are start eating less and burning off more thru cardio - boom, you're dieting.

It?s still difficult and its not clear to me.
I get confused about this sentence:

" Once you?re doing as much cardio as you are ever going to do during your diet, slowly begin to reduce the amount of carbohydrates in the diet. If you?ve done it right, you will be consuming tons of carbs before you even begin to diet. All of this allows you to play with your carb intake at a much higher level than you could if you had cut them right at the beginning" .

please try again guys
I get a headache
dozingoff.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Well I can tell you what works for me, I like a TDK diet.

My daily calories are between 10-12 x body weight

1 gm of Protein per body weight.
100 -125 gm of carbs and the rest good fats.

I can loose 1-2 lbs of fat until I get around 10% Body Fat.

Does that help ??

What is your age, height, weight, BF ?

popular-diets

Mikeh,
You are getting personal :D

okay
I m 1.76 centimetre
66 kilo
19% b/f

I have beautiful long " blond" hair
laugh.gif

No problems, did you understand this part of the article ?

"The biggest mistake I see with both novice and experienced competitors is the introduction of both high volume cardio and very low calories at the same time. In essence, they go from off season mass building to marathon running semi-starvation virtually overnight. This creates a tremendous burden on the system. This burden ultimately leads to significant losses of both size and strength."

I think what Bryan was trying to say is most people " stomp on the gas THEN slam on the brakes" (eat too much then eat too little and loose their gains)

Aim to loose between 1-2lbs per week and you should be fine.

What is your current BF % ?

blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Oh you're "Monique"

Now I feel "blond"

Ok, my wife follows this same type of diet.
She's 52 kilo (115 lbs) and she is also around 19% b/f
She eats 115 gms of protein (eggs, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese)
70-100 gms of carbs (1/2 cup of oatmeal morning and the rest pre / post WO shake)
and some fish oil, olive oil on her salad snack on some walnuts.

We lift HST and do cardio on non lifting days.

We hate cardio but it REALLY helps melt that fat away.

Does that help ??

Hi Mikey
tounge.gif

and you are both on a maintain diet of 15xlb

You have count the carbs from the total intake food, right?

I read also in that artickle, that pple will lose fat soncusming many more carbs. I supose food with a hight carb. Right

Mo

Hi Mo,

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and you are both on a maintain diet of 15xlb

Yes, we started our daily cals around there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You have count the carbs from the total intake food, right?

Yes

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I read also in that artickle, that pple will lose fat soncusming many more carbs. I supose food with a hight carb. Right

Well no, it comes down to basic calories in -vs- calories used/burned .

She eats protein and carbs for breakfast, drinks protein and carbs pre and post workout (we lift around 6pm) the rest of her meals are protein and good fat.

We do buy her chocolate whenever this gets too crazy
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Here is another article on having carbs pre and post workout pre / post workout

Now we are cutting so we started around 14xbody weight, however she didn't loose any weight and dropped 200 cals the next week. Then again this week. Currently she at 1400 (but she's 115 lbs)

Try to start around 1800-2000 cals per day.
Protein: 150-160 gms
Carbs: 100-130 gms
Fat: 60-70 gms

IF you loose fat great, IF not lower by 200 cals.

I have just read a lot of ABCDE ABCDE

More pple on this board have expierence with ABCDE and gained well, I suppose so.

What I wrote about ABCDE, it seems it doesnt matter what kind of workout you do. You have to train hard on the bulking days and light on the cutting days.
I am wondering if HST will be in discussing now?

mm is Blond Monique getting smart?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mikeh @ July 16 2003,4:43)]
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Ok, my wife follows this same type of diet.
She's 52 kilo (115 lbs) and she is also around 19% b/f
She eats 115 gms of protein (eggs, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese)
70-100 gms of carbs (1/2 cup of oatmeal morning and the rest pre / post WO shake)
and some fish oil, olive oil on her salad snack on some walnuts.
We lift HST and do cardio on non lifting days.
We hate cardio but it REALLY helps melt that fat away.
Mike - what are your carbs like on your non-lifting/cardio days? Do you take pre/post protein, and/or carbs, before cardio?

jsraaf,

Right now I eat:

Morning: eggs and 1/2 cup oatmeal , green tea
Snack: fish oil and CC, green tea
Lunch: tuna, spinach, olive oil, vegs
Snack: fish oil and chicken
I'll have some caffeine
pre cardio: protein shake w/ water
post cardio: I'll eat about 1 hour after.
Bedtime: CC and PB

I'm trying to follow the Lyle fat burning from FAQ
(might switch to morning cardio when fat loss stalls)

I play carbs by "feel", if I start to feel lethargic around 3.00 I'll eat an apple.
Hey, it beats falling asleep on the treadmill
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Getting rid of stubborn bodyfat - by Lyle McDonald

After cardio go home, and wait and hour before having a small protein meal (25-50 grams or
so). No dietary fat. 2-3 hours later, go back to normal diet eating.

I've also been reading about yohimbine, might give it a try once fat loss starts to stall.

How is your fat loss coming along?

Back