Low carb again, only....

Stretchman

This time, my cholesterol went through the roof. My triglycerides were astronomical, and my blood work indictaed that my body was spending beaucoup energy converting all that good protein into carbs anyway. So, I never went into ketosis, but burned carbs through whatever mechanism the liver uses to do what it did ( Or something like that ).

Anyway, I have added fish oil, guggulipid, flax, salmon, and cut way back on the protein. I have also added some nuts, like almonds, and more complex carbs from greens. I think this time I am no longer going to try and fight the change, and have to go on a regular bodybuilding diet. I have to get my weight down, somewhere around 260 now, at 6'4". I have shown some marked improvements in my lifts, having to add extra dumbell weights to the stack on the Weider 9940 for lifts in excess of 225 lbs. I am lifting more than ever.

I know you guys have probably heard this a 1000 times, but I need a link to a good BB diet plan, what is allowed, what is verboten. I am doing a lot of it already. No more caffiene, water, green tea, and the above. I still don't see anything wrong with protein and veg, as long as the right stuff is getting into my body so that my system stays regulated, and I dont have heart failure.

Any advise at this time is appreciated. The doc is having me back for a checkup next month. More lab work to follow up. I'd like to impress her with some serious results.

Stretch

Back