Magnetic Weights

TrapsOfSteal

Hi,

I am looking for magnetic weights, that is, weights of 1 to 2 pounds each that could stick to barbells or dumbells so that I can increment by 2.5 lbs or so rather than 5 lbs for some exercises. Any ideas where I can get this type of thing?

Thanks,

Traps

You should be able to find 2.5lb weights as it is. I'm not sure anyone actually sells a magnetic weight like that.

there is someone who makes them, but they are as expensive as sin.

Or You can buy normal magnets and use them to attach plates to the Db

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> Or You can buy normal magnets and use them to attach plates to the Db</div>

Have you tried this? I guess this could work but the magnet would have to be fairly big. Where the hell does one buy magnets that are not tiny refrigerator ones anyway.

Speaker magnets from old blown speakers. I use them on my workbench to hold miscellaneous screws and stuff.

Harbor Freight Tools has large magnets pretty cheap. They have stores around some parts as well as the internet site.

<div>
(style @ Apr. 22 2006,09:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">why would you use an increment that small? Would it really make a difference?</div>
My schedule calls for some 5lb increments for dumbells when I have no more room for plates or am out of small plates...or...
If it looks like I'm gonna get my lift easily and don't want to go into the next bracket - the magnets add a touch.

Back