maltodextrin

addy

is there such a thing as bad quality malto? i mean, am i safe purchasing the cheapest malto i can find? i'm guessing that it's such an easy thing to manufacture that i can't go wrong with any brand.

theres different grades of malto (chain length) and there is bound to be unpure malto (gunk in the mix)

hm, is there any way i can identify low grade malto besides trusting name brands?
also, are there any ill effects caused by unpure malto?

What exactly is maltodextrin?
What is it used for, protein or weight gain, and do use it in a shake? Is it mixed in there? What and how do you use?

Ignore who, me, I was asking a serious question. I was told to take maltodextrin by somebody, but I am not sure what or how use it. How would that be making fun of somebody?

i'm taking 30g malto with 30g protein pre workout, and 100g malto with 30g protein post workout, as per vicious' advice on the customizing hst thread.
you use it to replenish muscle glycogen as quickly as possible in the window you get after execising. malto pre-workout is a good way to get energy readily available during your workout.
read the nutrition faq to get a better idea.

I'm curious, what exactly do you have as your preworkout and postworkout shake? How long before a workout do you take it?

Voli, the FAQ's are your friends. They answer all your questions.

Back