Man vs Wild

wisslewj

Any of you guys ever watch that show on "DIscovery" called Man vs Wild?

That guy is a freak! I have watched a few of these now and this guy gets dropped in the middle of nowhere (some very inhospitable areas) and must survive untill he finds his way home basically.

I gotta tell ya, they must make those British Special Forces guys really tough! This guy eats worms, bugs spiders, and I saw him bite into a fresh fish still kicking. He sleeps on the ground around friggin bears.

I thought I could rough it well but this guy is just nutz. Almost as crazy as that guy hanging with the wolves lol. I am curious if any of us "tough guys" could hang with this guy.
tounge.gif

Jeff

Do you think an Afghan/Iraqi/Iranian could out psyche one of our lads? Considering he's prepared to dunk himself into an icy lake, then after eventually getting out, strips naked & does press-ups to keep warm! (For what amounts to "fun")

Army - Be the best
cool.gif

Hey Dark,

I saw that episode. The guy is flippin whacko lol. He was hanging out naked roasting his clothes on an open fire. I prefer chestnus, but I am a sissy next to that guy!

Jeff

I've seen and enjoyed that show, here in the states theres another one (don't remember the name - pretty much a clone of the show but with a yank) it's not as good as the british one, I've seen the guy walk right by cactuses while wondering where he can find some water so he doesn't die!!!LOL!!!
biggrin.gif

He's a friendly nutter though - always up for a laugh, he appeared on the last show of Harry Hills TV Burp - singing "bear necessities of life" (Harry took the p1ss out of Bears' show each week, in particular the "live" food excerpts)
laugh.gif

Yeah he almost seems a bit posh to be from that sort of background. Seems like a nice guy though. Loved the way Harry threw the stick for him, fetch boy!!! lol

I just turned on tv and he is on right now lol.

I think he is in the Amazon. Cant wait to see what he is gonna dig up and snack on this time. Perhaps a bark and bug sandwhich. MMMMM. Some wormy spaghetti. Italian lol!

Have you guys noticed that no matter where he is, if he gets a fire going he makes some figgin tea? Thats a right proper Englishman. I saw him make a tea with some sticks and Hawhorne berries I think it was.

Leave it to an Enlish man to make time for high tea in he wild! ;)
smile.gif

Jeff

Wow,

He is eating termites and using their crap as mosquito repellant. I hear termite crap is all the rave lol.

He did say that by weight, termites have more protein than beef! (And they are raw so doubly good lol)

I can just see it now. Muscle Techs new Super Termite Protein. It has twice the termites of ordinary protein powders and half the crap. Guaranteed to triple muscle growth! Buy now!!

Jeff
tounge.gif

Sci,

he sometimes cooks stuff. Usually he doesnt. I have seen him eat raw termites, worms, bugs, ants, fish (that was gross as the fish was still kickin) and other things.

He did cook his water one episode. All in all though he doesnt seem that concerned lol.

Eiether way he is still a nutter. And hey, he would have to cook his water as no English man would ever drink COLD tea would he lol.
laugh.gif

<div>
(wisslewj @ Apr. 21 2007,02:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Any of you guys ever watch that show on "DIscovery" called Man vs Wild?

That guy is a freak!  I have watched a few of these now and this guy gets dropped in the middle of nowhere (some very inhospitable areas) and must survive untill he finds his way home basically.

I gotta tell ya, they must make those British Special Forces guys really tough!  This guy eats worms, bugs spiders, and I saw him bite into a fresh fish still kicking.  He sleeps on the ground around friggin bears.

I thought I could rough it well but this guy is just nutz.  Almost as crazy as that guy hanging with the wolves lol.  I am curious if any of us "tough guys" could hang with this guy.  
tounge.gif

Jeff</div>
Nope, I've been there and done that kind of thing. I couldn't hang with him. Then again, he couldn't hang in my world either.

Steve,

Whats in your world?
rock.gif

That guy seems like he could hang just about anywhere! Whats in your world that is that tough? Perhaps chines water torture? A nagging wife? (That one can break even the touhest men!)
biggrin.gif

Jeff

<div>
(wisslewj @ Apr. 22 2007,18:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Steve,

Whats in your world?  
rock.gif

That guy seems like he could hang just about anywhere!  Whats in your world that is that tough?  Perhaps chines water torture?  A nagging wife? (That one can break even the touhest men!)  
biggrin.gif

Jeff</div>
Well let's see....last Friday it consisted of sitting around behind a desk for 8-9 hours per day, eating whenever I want.  Picking my nose...farting....belching.  Taking some orders, giving some orders, driving kids around to a few practices, being mr. mom, and then....

pushing and pulling about 43,000 pounds in 1 1/2 hours.

Picking my nose, belching, farting and even moving 43,000 lbs'.....childs play (I even am a great belcher lol)

driving around a bunch of crazy kids and playing mr. mom.....figgin hell!
tounge.gif

Give me the beatle sandwich any day.  Kids can be a crazy nightmare, even if they are cute!    
biggrin.gif

You are da man.

Jeff

PS: I just had a funny thought....

This week on Discovery, Bear grylls parachutes into a kintergarden day care dressed up like Barney. Will he be able to make it out before he is trampled to death? Will he get them to soccer on time? Find out if this soldier has what it takes! rofl
biggrin.gif

(Thats one challenge I bet even he fight fail. I picture Arnold in Kintergarden cop during the fire drill where he was holding that one kid by the pants)
laugh.gif

Back