Most of you aren't eating right

Rocckk

I feel that most people's 40/40/20 protein to carbs to fat breakdown isn't proper for bulking up.

In fact, I'd say many lifters have an even more slanted intake of perhaps 60/20/20 protein to carbs to fat.

Think about it:

1) Many guys taking 200+ grams of protein in per day say how quickly they get hungry after eating (not enough carbs)
2) Many guys say they eat a ton and try to bulk but either gain a bunch of fat (extra protein to fat perhaps) but basically not enough carbs
3) Atkins people swear that cutting carbs and upping protein makes them lose weight. SO WHY ARE BODYBUILDERS DOING THE SAME DIET WHEN THEY TRY TO BULK UP?!

It's insane and unhealthy, and I wrote this to let you know that I'm focusing on eating a lot of more fibers and grains and vegetables and fruits and a lot less fish and chicken and beef and dairy.

I already FEEL better, and I swore today that looking in the mirror I had the identical body of Tyler Durden from Fight Club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rocckk @ June 13 2004,1:48)]3) Atkins people swear that cutting carbs and upping protein makes them lose weight. SO WHY ARE BODYBUILDERS DOING THE SAME DIET WHEN THEY TRY TO BULK UP?!
To gain muscle but little/no fat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
To gain muscle but little/no fat.

Hows about little muscle with normal amount of fat :)

If the Atkins people (and some bbing followers of atkins) were to believe, how could anyone gain weight on a diet that makes you lose weihgt with unlimited food intake :) (funnily how atkinites are awfully quick to comment about the inuit eskimo's about having a healthy low carb diet, but fail to mention these people eat until they are full and still are chunky :) )

Low carb bulks in general seem rather large waste of time, in terms of muscle gained vs fat gained.

Aaron: For some reason, I read "Atkins" as "low-carb" :) And rumor has it da a UD2 for bulk does the trick.

You can't relate a diet for the general population to one for bodybuilders or serious fitness people. Atkins works for a lot of people because the high fat content makes them full so they cut down portion size (which is a big problem for a lot of people...just look at the portion size for any restaurant - especially fast food). If they start a caloric deficit from what they're used to, they'll lose weight - even if it's only in the short run.

But bodybuilders don't haphazardly eat until they're full. They count calories, ratios, ect. to the gram.

So the general rule still applies. If you eat more calories, you'll gain weight and if you eat in deficit (unless you're on the supersize me diet), you'll lose.

The UD2 diet for example doesn't change too much between fat loss and muscle gain. The main difference is caloric intake. So the same diet can be good for both.

JMHO.

Back