Need a quick answer please...

Chthonian

I need to know whether or not having 4-5 bananas a day is a problem. I know the whole fructose myth is dispelled in the Eating For Size article, however, 4-5 bananas at 33 carbs each may turn out to be a lot, no? Or does this really not matter, when total carb intake exceeds 400 grams?

Hello Chthonian :)
JMHO and in my experience: unless you are cutting up or in SD, I don't believe that 5 bananas would be a problem. It would in fact help in your digestion a little bit, which directly benefits you because a healthy digestive system ensures you get all the healthy nutrients in your food, including the almighty protein  :D
Of course, if you are cutting up or in SD (meaning your activity level is much lower), then you might want to stay away from extra carbs. It doesn't have to be the bananas you remove, though. It can be some other carbo-rich foods you eat.
Hope this helps you. Good luck!  :)
-JV

I figured as much. I actually have it down to three now. They make my shakes taste so dang good, and they're cheap.

Oh, and almonds just doubled in price here randomly - from $8 to $16 for a 3 lb. bag!
butbut.gif
...so I decided to use walnuts instead. They're so much better, I wish I realized this sooner.

Yep, walnuts are far better than almonds!
thumbs-up.gif

Walnuts contain both Omega3 and 6, while almonds have about only trace amounts of Omega3, and its Omega6 content is less than half of walnuts (only about 1/3, in fact)

Personally, though, I like almonds better because of the taste. :D But for my diet, I tend to go for less tasty foods as long as they give me better results.

- JV

Back