New York Barbell

Discussion in 'Home Exercise Equipment' started by Bulldog, Oct 13, 2006.

1. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Here is how you put a block under the cradle for dips.

2. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Now you'll need a pec deck...two ways to do it on this machine...either set the bench cradle to the floor and pull forward with the straps or face down with the straps on the pulldown cradle like this:

3. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Okay, you're gonna have to ask momma on this one...the cased opening pullup/chinup bar. Drill holes in both sides of the opening and put an old bar into them...I used some old plate keepers to keep it centered.

4. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Woops! Duplicate post.

5. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Aw shucks, while I'm at it....here's a dip station I bought at Play it Again Sports for $35...I added pipes to the backside to hold plates. That's my homemade pressdown rig in the back.

6. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Now if you have a saw, screwgun, and a drill, you can build a weight tree for oly plates with a piece of closet rod. Mine was wood also.

7. scientific muscle

scientific muscle New Member

Nice stuff! I think I will build my own plate tree too, why spend more dough than needed?

8. Bulldog

Bulldog Active Member

Thanks for all that info Quad!

9. Bulldog

Bulldog Active Member

I'm still looking at equipment. I'm pretty sure I will be going with free weights instead of a lever machine. After looking around again I see that Powertec has a new "Workbench" system on their site that I haven't seen for sale at any of the on-line stores.

http://www.powertecfitness.com/workbench_bench.htm

Are there any real shortcomings that this would have compared to a full power cage? The only real thing I can think of that is possible with most power cages that you can't do with this are dips. That and the safety catches look kind of short. Other than that what differences might I be missing between this setup and a full cage.

10. faz

faz Active Member

11. faz

faz Active Member