Nipponbiki's Log

nipponbiki

Height: 173 cm
Weight: 85 kg
BF: Around 16%

EDITED!!!! NOW INCLUDES MEASUREMENTS AND PICS!!!

All measurements are cold and unflexed.

Chest: 107 cm
Shoulders: 132 cm
Waist: 87 cm
Abdomen: 91.5 cm
Hips: 105 cm
Thigh: 64 cm
Calf: 38.5 cm
Arm: 37 cm
Forearm 29.5 cm

SD for 3 weeks. This cycle will be a mild cut/maintenance level diet. I will basically be doing the simplified compound HST.

Workout:

A:

Dips
Pullups
Deadlifts
Standing Press

B:

Incline Bench
Pendley Rows
Shrugs
French Press
Rear Lateral Raise

Yes, I am making a conscious decision not to do squats this cycle. I may decide to do them during the 15s just for the cardio effect. I am also only going to do deads once a week. The reason being is my legs and ass are really huge compared to the rest of me. I need to give my upper body a chance to catch up.

4-11-2007

First workout of 15s.

This workout was ridiculously easy. It only took around 12 minutes and felt like a general warmup to a workout as opposed to a workout. It really felt like I didn't do anything. Is that what happens to everybody after they get 4-5 cycles under their belt?

A Routine:

Dips: 15 X 10 kg
Pullups: 10 X BW + 5 X BW
Standing Press: 15 X 30 kg
Shrugs: 15 X 80kg

The reason I did shrugs is cause I did some deads the other day when I went to the gym for a cardio session.

4-12-2007

Running late this morning, but I managed to squeeze a decent 20 minute cardio session on the motorized stepper machine at a gym along the way to work.

Feels good to sweat a lot again.

If you're doing pendlay rows, you shouldn't have to do rear laterals. And deadlifting once a week will probably not help reduce the size of your ass and legs.

Hey Liege!

Well, I know about the pendlays, just want to balance out the difference between front and rear delts. Plus, I do any isolations with only 1 set.

I don't want to decrease their size except to cut out whatever fat is stored there. Just want to get a little more balanced.

Hey Liege,

Is it? I didn't think so, but thanks! I have not been doing them for very long, hearing about them for the first time through this site. Since I was a teenager I kept repeating the ON/OFF thing with working out, the OFF time always being much longer than the ON time. I started to get serious about it last July. At that time, I joined a gym and started reading about Pendlay rows here, but did not want to try it yet until I got conditioned again, so I just did pullups and seated row machine.

Then I bought my own power rack and stuff and started doing Pendlays around November of last year. I don't have any mirrors or anything so my form may not be good, not sure. If you would like to, I might be able to get a video of it and send it to you to check.

4-18-2007

Deadlift: 15 x 85kg
Weighted Dips: 15 x 15kg
Chins: 10 x BW + 5 x BW
Standing Press: 15 x 35kg

Up until today, I have always done deads/squats at the end or toward the end of my workout. Since starting HST, I have been doing them right after the main chest and back exercise. Today I started with deadlift first. Wish I could have gotten more than 10 pullups, but maybe the deadlift effected that. Not sure.

4-20-2007

Didn't get a chance to do my cardio yesterday, so I did it on the way to work today, and I will do my workout tonight when I get home.

And it was pretty interesting. I prefer an elliptical machine, but this gym doesn't have them, so I used a stepper machine. I remember doing cardio on a stepper a few years ago before I ever did deads or even heard of HST. At that time, I remember my quads always burning and getting tired, and changing my stance so the load was on the calves when my upper legs got tired.

Now, it's the exact opposite! My upper legs never burned or got tired, and I never got that overall fatigued feeling after doing a long, hard cardio session. But my CALVES were starting to burn after about 25 minutes. Had to change my stance to put most of the load on my upper legs a few times to give my calves a break!

4-20-2007

Bench Press: 15 x 75 kg
Pendlay Row: 15 x 67.5 kg
French Press: 15 x 21 kg
Rear Lateral Raise: 10 x 5 kg

Liege, tried to make a video, but you can't see me completely, but it might be enough for you to make a judgment on my form. Seems my back might not be flat enough.

4-21-2007

Another great cardio session on the stepper machine stopping at the gym on the way to work today.

I feel MUCH better after the long SD and restarting cardio.

4-22-2007

Weighted Dips: 15 x 20 kg
Chins: 10 x BW + 5 x BW
Standing Press: 15 x 40 kg
Shrugs: 15 x 85 kg

Man, same thing with chins! It really seems like I am not getting any better at these for over 4 months! I am progressing nicely in everything else. Anybody have any thoughts on why?

Are you training to failure? If so, stop.

I'd start clustering, don't lower the weight for the second set. Either cluster or use max-stim. You could also do only one top set and add a little weight the next workout.

Hey Liege,

No, I am not going to failure. I know better than to go to failure after being here for awhile!
cool.gif

And, yeah, I already do cluster when I have to, which is mostly in the 5s, but I still can't get anymore than 10-11 chins at bodyweight.

Back