philheath's Training Log

Did my last 15s workout today. On some exercises I just couldn't get as man reps as I wanted :(

Dips: 60 kg(assisted) x 2 x 15
Pull-Ups: 60 kg(assisted) 1 x 15 + 1 x 11 + 1 x 2 + 1 x 2
DB Shoulder Press: 20 kg x 1 x 15 + 1 x 14
Deadlifts: 45 kg x 2 x 15
EZ-Bar Curl: 20 kg 1 x 15 + 1 x 14

It is kind of frustrating that I didn't get my reps, but yeah...maybe I have to drop the weight on the Pull-Ups, I have had problems getting my reps done before. We'll see. Right now I am just happy that I am done with the 15s - now we're going into a little more familiar rep range, the 10s!

Today I did the 10s A workout. This was a nice workout, a little more familiar to me than the 15s. Worked nicely on my form since the weight is low, and concentrated on contraction and stretch.

DB Incline Press: 25 kg x 2 x 10
Bent Over BB Row: 15 kg x 2 x 10
MP: 5 kg x 2 x 10
Squats: 45 kg x 2 x 10
Seated Calf Press: 10 kg x 2 x 10

The squats were actually quite okay today, there was not so much of a burn as in the 15s. Nice workout and was only about 30 minutes.

Hello phil
Glad you finished the week 15. I think she does not have the goal of hypertrophy believe that their role, is more to repair and protect the tendons and joints by lactic acid. Week 10 of what I have read on other forums is the most important for hypertrophy.

I do not know if you've read about the issue zigzag weights. I was worried about leaving him or not leave it during the transition week, do not know if it interferes a lot in the final result, how you solved it?

I started my first round on Monday. I am very happy even with low loads is much better than being 12 and the long days at home because of SD. If I'm not mistaken, with lower loads, the ideal is to maintain a slower cadence, right? Until the training becomes heavier.

Since I could not post earlier, I'm doing this new post bigger :D
hugs, stay strong.

Hey vitto! I am glad too that the 15s are over, they were quite hard! Yep, I at least think that it is the purpose of the 15s, but it still got me quite sore.

The zigzagging with the weight is almost inevitable for me, because the 15, 10 and 5 RMs are not too close, but still close. I read here on the website in the FAQs about this, there is a certain number of times you can work with a load until hypertrophy caused by it starts to fade. Look it up. But again, for some it is something you can't avoid, since the RMs are pretty close to each other.

The 15s can probably be nice, but since I never worked with the same rep-range before, to me it was quite a shock. SD sucks right, you just don't feel as good as when you workout. Mentally it also was kind of hard, you just want to go make some GAINzzzzz. Yeah, keep the reps slow and controlled (you always want, but the heavier it gets, the harder it gets). Go for the burn, that's what the 15s give you, the burn.

Looking forward to hearing your results! If I were you, I would start a training log, for yourself, and for others to watch your progress. I'd happily follow it.
Cheers :D

10s workout B

Todays workout was awesome, was done in 25 minutes. The 10s are awesome!

Dips: 55 kg(assisted) x 2 x 10
Pull-Ups: 55 kg(assisted) x 2 x 10
DB Shoulder Press: 20 kg x 2 x 10
Deadlifts: 30 kg x 2 x 10
EZ-Bar Curl: 15 kg x 2 x 10

Everything went smoothly, again concentrated on real good form. The 10s and 5s will probably become my favourite rep blocks.

Last edited:
Hello phil
I do not know what will be my favorite rep range. I think I prefer the 15. I like the burning of lactic acid and pump it does, despite knowing that hypertrophy is generated with large loads.

My workouts last about 30 to 45min. I use a lot more exercise than you. São 14 the total. I do not like to split into A and B. Not sure if this greatly influences the results. I think the key is to use and abuse the antagonists between supersets to save time.

You have done cardio on off days? I intend to make them tomorrow and Sunday, to kill boredom over the weekend, and 25 minute walk should not hurt anyone haha

Glad you're enjoying this new phase.
about my training diary: I'm Brazilian I have to be using that google translator to communicate, do not know if it would work

Hugs and stay strong.

Last edited:
10s Workout A

Todays workout was cool, it was a bit challenging but not too hard. Not feeling that lactic acid like in the 15s but the muscles still work hard.

DB Incline Press: 35 kg x 2 x 10
BB Bent Over Row: 25 kg x 2 x 10
MP: 7.5 kg x 2 x 10
BB Squat: 55 kg x 2 x 10
Seated Calf Press: 12.5 kg x 2 x 10

All in all a good workout, nice to see the intensity go up - me likey :D

Hey vitto

The A B approach was suggested to me and I kinda liked it, because if you use mainly compound exercises and split it in two it really does not matter if the exercises are few, because pretty much every muscle is hit with the compounds.

Regarding cardio, I don't do cardio at all, currently I am bulking which means no cardio for me! I already gain kind of hard, so cardio is detrimental for me. But by all means, do cardio! Cardio is one of the best workouts, especially for your cardiovascular health. But WHEN I do cardio, I do HIT, or just plain high-intensity mad stuff. When I first started working out I did "Insanity". And bo y that was intense. It was 45 minutes a day six days a week in the beginning, in the end an hour a day! And that was some intense ****, I almost passed out in the beginning but I adapted. Those were som fit chapters of my life, athletic as hell. But skinny lol!

Haha well I can understand you! But sometimes google translate does a pretty ****ed up job ;) Try to keep one, if it doesn't work, just inform me of your results at the end of the cycle!
Cheers :D

10s Workout B

Dips: 60 kg(assisted) x 2 x 10
Pull-Ups: 60 kg(assisted) x 2 x 10
DB Shoulder Press: 25 kg x 2 x 10
Deadlifts: 40 kg x 2 x 10
EZ-Bar Curl: 20 kg x 2 x 10

It was a late workout, but still a good one.

Workout 10s A

DB Incline Press: 45 kg x 2 x 10
Bent Over BB Row: 35 kg x 2 x 10
MP: 10 kg x 2 x 10
Squat: 65 kg x 2 x 10
Seated Calf Press: 15 kg x 2 x 10

Real nice and intense, when I did the last rep of the squats I almost thought I wouldn't come out of the hole! Security pins for me next time I am working with max weights.

Didn't have time to log the session yesterday, so here it goes!

Workout B

Dips: 65 kg(assisted) x 2 x 10
Pull-Ups: 65 kg(assisted) x 2 x 10
DB Shoulder Press: 30 kg x 2 x 10
Deadlifts: 50 kg x 2 x 10
EZ-Bar Curl: 25 kg x 2 x 10

Going into the 5s - som heavy stuff :D

So I am just going to log today's and Wednesdays workout, didn't have the time to log it.

Workout A 5s

The 5s feel good, not too heavy which is a little boring, but when I get to heavier weights things will get interesting!

Incline DB Press: 30 kg x 3 x 5 + 20 kg x 1 x 12
Bent Over BB Row: 35 kg x 3 x 5 + 25 kg x 1 x 15
MP: 10 kg x 3 x 5 + 7.5 kg x 1 x 15
BB Squat: 60 kg x 3 x 5 + 45 kg x 1 x 13
Seated Calf Press: 20 kg x 3 x 5 + 15 kg x 1 x 15

Workout B 5s (today's workout)

Everything was quite easy, today I focused on having 2-1-2 rep timing, made things a bit more interesting. For example the dips get a lot harder if you do them slow and controlled instead of just getting them done.

Dips: BW x 3 x 5 + 45 kg(assisted) x 1 x 15 (I should have had 55 kg, but I calculated wrong...:S)
Pull-Ups: 60 kg(assisted) x 3 x 5 + 45 kg(assisted) x 1 x 15
Seated DB Press: 25 kg x 3 x 5 + 18 kg x 1 x 15
Deadlifts: 35 kg x 3 x 5 + 25 kg x 1 x 15
EZ-Bar Curl: 20 kg x 3 x 5 (I FORGOT to do the high-rep set...lol, was kind of worn out, I had a performance in the morning, I was playing in two concerts(piano), and since it was a rather difficult piece and I was quite nervous, my head kind of relaxed afterwards ;)

Sooo...that's it for now! C ya

Back