Post W/O meal vs. Shake

StoneSour

I have read alot in here about post w/o meals and slow protein shakes vs. quick uptake such as whey protein shakes. My questions is, every morning I have a tuna omelete or tuna scrambled eggs (using 1 can tuna, 2 egg yolks, 8-10 egg whites, and lemon pepper seasoning, or tarragon), and I am thinking this might be a better pst w/o meal (I workout around 8
wow.gif
0 p.m. for approx. 60 min.). I usually have a 60 gr. protein shake immediatly after working out.

Also, I have my creatine w/ 50 gr. carbs, half right before w/o, and the other half sipping during w/o. If I were to consume a whey shake right before w/o (instead of after), when should I have my creatine, since I understand the two can compete against eachother and null some of the effects?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

StoneSour
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

The meal is better, again due to slower protein release (and because real food is better than liquid meals :) ) Put that tuna omelette in a bagel, and you have an ideal post WO meal.

cheers,
Jules

Thanks Vicious. I actually do use a bgel for them some times, but since I could fill 4 bagels with that amount of egg & tuna, I don't always, but might start adding it back in. I have at least 1 bagel each day, and have found Dempster's Flax Seed bagels a great choice. They even stay soft hours later if you are preparing it to take later on.
worship.gif

IMO It has always been shakes for me post-workout due to ease of digestion. Post-workout, the digestive system is a bit taxed so I want something that does not require a lot of energy to digest. The shake provides for quicker absorption as well.
Take creatine pre-workout if you want maximum absorption.

I agree BIZ. I have always had a shake immediately after for the same uptake reasoning. Now I think I may combine the two thoughts. Meaning, 1/2 protein shake right before W/O, and 1/2 right after, followed by the tuna/egg 30 min. later, to get immediate protein and continuous protein ingested.

Stone:
I think you have a good plan, especially pre and post workout shake. The tuna and egg about thirty minutes later is a great idea to keep amino acids flowing in. Good luck to you.

Back