Post WO Shake Causes Bloat & Burpes

SteveDFW

Everytime I consume a protein shake or a protein and carb shake AFTER my workout I feel bloated and I burp for a couple hours. I have tried different kinds and amounts of protein and carbs to no avail. I have tried ginger and other digestive aids but they did not help either.

FYI, I do take 25 gram whey protein shake a few minutes prior to working out.

Any and all help would greatly be appreciated.

how quiick do you drink it, how much is it mixed (airated sp?)
how much liquid

all can make a difference

you may be better to have a protien carb drink really dilute and drink it thru the session

I have really started slowing down on drinking it. It did help some.

I use 2 to 2 1/2 cups cold water with 30 grams protein and 20 grams carb postworkout.

I also drink about 2 to 2 1/2 cups of water during my workout.

I use about 1 to 1 1/2 cups for my 30 gram protein only pre-workout drink.

I would suggest going with 4-8 oz for each of your pre- and post- drinks. Drink whatever you like during; I often will drink a bottled water, which is 20oz, during my workout.

I used to have the same problems for PW/O shakes.
Make sure your shakes are 10% denses at most,
I mean if you add a total of 40 grams of powders (including carbs proteins etc) add at least 400ml water (something more like 450 is better), this helped me alot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (boggy @ Aug. 03 2003,4:21)]I used to have the same problems for PW/O shakes.
Make sure your shakes are 10% denses at most,
I mean if you add a total of 40 grams of powders (including carbs proteins etc) add at least 400ml water (something more like 450 is better), this helped me alot.
About how long do you take to drink it?

I use 20g prot + 30g glucose in 550 ml water, I have absolutely no problem drinking it.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]About how long do you take to drink it?
30 sec/1 min max.

Back