powdered milk

addy

any reasons why i shouldn't incorporate it in my diet as an important protein source?
i'm already using it, but i'm not sure if it's healthy to take in a lot of it everyday. it's much easier than eggs (hate those), and i'm sick of tuna already.

I get about half of my protein from powdered skim milk. Works for me and cheaper than whey.

Tuna is great when you add a bit of hot and spicy salsa in each bite.

i try to vary my protein intake to make it more pleasurable. you know, since i have to eat a LOT, it may as well be stuff i like, at least some of it. but i've had so much tuna it's getting really hard to keep going. besides, as per other threads here, and stuff i've read elsewhere, canned tuna (either than the light variety) may be toxic if you eat it too often.

i do eat eggs, though i dislike them intensely, so my protein is restricted to chicken and red meat. i'm not big on chicken either, so i'm getting most of my protein from meat, powdered milk, and whey (around workouts only). i wonder if i'd be better off including some other miraculous protein source that i might not be aware of, like peanuts. ;)

Protein is in a lot of things....even veggies....and when you eat enough of a variety you get more complete protein than you might think.

I don't see what would be wrong with powdered skim milk myself. I actually have some I haven't tried yet. Maybe I need to break it out. You're right about it being cheap, too. Just as long as you stick to whey before and after your workouts (or however you do it around your workouts) I don't see a problem with the cheapest source of protein you can get....as long as it doesn't have 'mad cow'.
laugh.gif

Also....I wouldn't go near anything from the ocean. Just my .02.

There's nothing wrong with the protein sources you have listed. It's all a question of what you can stomach day after day ;-)

Cottage cheese is my miraculous protein source. Can't get enough of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Key Of David @ June 24 2005,3:32)]Just as long as you stick to whey before and after your workouts (or however you do it around your workouts)
Whey is ideal but not necessary.

what worries me about milk is that i read in some other thread here that its carbs preferrably replenishes liver glycogen, which may not be ideal, and milk has plenty of carbs along with protein.

The sugar in milk is a mix of glucose and lactose

Lactose is a mix of glucose and galactose

only the galactose is metabolised by the liver

because it's concentrated. i'd have to drink a gallon of regular milk to get what i get in a few spoons.

Back