Powertec

Discussion in 'Home Exercise Equipment' started by imported_ilFacell, Feb 17, 2004.

1. The best pieces of home equipment that you can buy, at least, at my bias. Visit Powertec, for QUALITY equipment. They host a series of leverage machines (plate loaded) & many racks and free weight equipment.

2. I've been comparing Nautilus and Powertec. Does anyone know of any other comparable brands. I'm specifically interested in a cage or power rack....]

3. At first glance, the Nautilus equipment looks closer to commercial standards than the Powertec stuff. Have you compared prices? I bet Powertec's a lot cheaper. Also, the Nautilus equipment seems not quite as versatile (e. g. their half cage doesn't have a chin-up bar or dipping bars). I like the built-in plate horns, though. If you have money to burn and space for more than one workout station, I would go for the Nautilus equipment.

Another homegym brand is Body-Solid. Their stuff doesn't seem quite as innovative as Powertec, but they have a larger product selection. If you don't find the specific product you're looking for at Powertec, check them out.

4. Nope, no money to burn, but I'd rather spend some extra time/$$ than have regrets later...
    Body-Solid's products may be worth a good look. I kind of liked their Pro-Power Rack.

5. I considered buying that as well, but the local Powertec dealer offers a rack system (power rack + pulley system + bench) for an incredibly low price!

Maybe you can make a better deal if you go for a package, too.

When I compare both racks directly, the Body Solid Rack has more safety positions, which is a plus. Yet I like the round safety bars of the Powertec model better - one could use a wrist roller with these (check PDA, though the price is astronomical). I also like the Powertec chin-up bar better, because it offers a parallel grip. If you are able to do some welding, you could of course modify the Body-Solid rack to fit your needs as well. I have tested some Body-Solid equipment at a fitness exhibit, and their products seemed really "solid" to me - in a homegym, they should be able to pass the test of time.