Preworkout meal

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by mdhan, Jan 1, 2003.

1. mdhan

mdhan New Member

What is the difference between having a liquid meal consisting of some whey and simple carbs and having a solid meal consisting of slower digesting carbs and protein(for example chicken and brown rice)? Would choosing the latter make a significant difference? Thanks.

2. Reven

Reven New Member

The difference would be the amount of time for the protein to be digested and reach your muscles. Choosing the later wouldn't make a significant difference but to help avoid any difference. I imagine taking in the solid meal a little bit sooner (pre workout) would help.

If you are going to do this I would recommend that you might want to keep the meals relatively light. Nothing that would obstruct your performance. Although I have not noticed any difference with my performance whether or not I consume a large meal but I have heard that with some people the meals don't sit to well. You could always eat your chicken with a higher GI carb to possibly help speed up absorption.

I don't know just throwing out some ideas many of which I have done. Anyhow when it comes down to it I haven't noticed a difference between eating solid or liquid meals other than the covariance. The main thing is you eating.

Steve

3. Aaron_F

Aaron_F New Member

Indeed

4. Two other (small factors):

Some people are less likely to feel nausea during the workout after a shake than after solid food.

A lot of people who are eating to grow find it easier to down a shake than to down more food.