Preworkout meal

mdhan

What is the difference between having a liquid meal consisting of some whey and simple carbs and having a solid meal consisting of slower digesting carbs and protein(for example chicken and brown rice)? Would choosing the latter make a significant difference? Thanks.

The difference would be the amount of time for the protein to be digested and reach your muscles. Choosing the later wouldn't make a significant difference but to help avoid any difference. I imagine taking in the solid meal a little bit sooner (pre workout) would help.

If you are going to do this I would recommend that you might want to keep the meals relatively light. Nothing that would obstruct your performance. Although I have not noticed any difference with my performance whether or not I consume a large meal but I have heard that with some people the meals don't sit to well. You could always eat your chicken with a higher GI carb to possibly help speed up absorption.

I don't know just throwing out some ideas many of which I have done. Anyhow when it comes down to it I haven't noticed a difference between eating solid or liquid meals other than the covariance. The main thing is you eating.

Steve

Two other (small factors):

Some people are less likely to feel nausea during the workout after a shake than after solid food.

A lot of people who are eating to grow find it easier to down a shake than to down more food.

Back