prohormones

I

imported_eagleba

I just finished my first HST program and am very surprised. I am 34 6'1" 220 pounds. I gained around 10 pounds my first time. Now that I am getting ready for my second time around, I decided to pick up some Phera Max and some X mass. I am looking forward to incorporating these products into my HST routine, but do not want to screw the natural progression of my routine up. I am considering just 2 weeks of prohormone use. Is this better, or is it better to go with 4- 6 weeks? Thanks in advance.

Prohormones are effective in a high enough dosage.  But if you take enough to work, you are basically using oral steroids and damaging your body.  (with real prohormones anyway).  I'd reccomend against any supplimentation of the sort, but if you are going to use, stick with real gear that goes in with a needle to "bypass" the liver.  Yeah, I know you don't really bypass it, but you do give it a bit of a break and can use pretty low dosages.

For best results, train naturally for as long as possible.  Then you'll be far more likely to keep what you've gained.

IMO 2, 4, or 6 weeks is pretty much a waste of time. Ten to 15 week cycles are effective.

Somewhat disagree by experience. I've only done 1-test and superdrol, but the gains were quick with 1-test, yet disappeared post cycle; the superdrol was less effective, but with almost no sides, and the gains stayed. And those were 4 week cycles, respectively.

As far as this stuff you mention; ph's are illegal now (here in the US and Canada) and the X-mass admits it's not a ph. The PheraMax says it's a pheromone...isn't that the sex odor we put out that attracts the other sex? Heheh, maybe you'd better keep a close eye on what that stuff does to ya!
biggrin.gif

Let us know if you have any verifiable and viable results that are definitely not placebo effect or better diet. Or maybe you don't need anything. You gained TEN pounds on a cycle? What is your BB history? Those are newbie gains; one heckuva lot of weight, even at 50%. It would take full-blown steroids to get me five pounds of muscle in one cycle, and most others on here too. I get this feeling you're just about to waste some money that could have went to protein powders and steak.

Not beating you up; we just see this all the time, and I'm not familiar with the massive horde of new products that just sprung up since the PH's were banned. We knew they were coming; the marketeers won't wait until they actually have something that works.

The general rule now is if it works; it's illegal. There are these rumors though...

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 24 2006,22:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As far as this stuff you mention; ph's are illegal now (here in the US and Canada)

I get this feeling you're just about to waste some money that could have went to protein powders and steak.

The general rule now is if it works; it's illegal. There are these rumors though...</div>
he made some very good points.

Point 1: if you are going to use something illegal, why not use what will WORK, is proven to work, and works very well since the legal risk is the same. BTW, I still say you are better off not to take the risk. Unless you have an actual need to take the risk, it's not worth it.

Point 2:
Two of the very best suppliments right there. Food, and more food. One of them is just a very convenient, easy to get down form of it.

Point 3:
See point 1.

An interesting article I found, the second post down:
http://www.wts-online.com/blogs....ve.html

It's a year old and allready the PH copycats were hitting the scene with crap. I've not heard of anything legal lately that gives good results from anyone that wasn't selling it. The guys at our local supp store are pushing some odds and ends, but aren't showing enough muscle themselves to make me buy it. I'm 53 and as big as they are without it. Don't trust salesmen.

Thanks for the replies. My bb experience is pretty much power lifting as I am an old football player with lots of injuries. I started researching some of the new programs out there and really liked what I saw with respect to HST (rapid bulk, injury protection, time requirements). I am now enjoying the SD phase of the program and have gone from 210 to 219 (actually a 9 pound gain). I already have these two supplements (prohormones). I would like to get back to around 230 but a lot leaner as I am currently 14 - 15 % bodyfat. I do not want to touch anything illegal. Thanks again for the replies. I will certainly report any out of the ordinary gains if I experience any.

If you've already got 'em, give 'em a shot and see what they do for you. You already know what HST will do. Now see what it does with the supps, maybe better...maybe not.

Good luck.

If you're gonna do prohormones, I would highly recommend ya  research them before you try 'em.

Because if you don't have your post cycle therapy planned out, you could end up with some gyno.

Research 'em on the net first.

Well as promised, I am here to share my experience with the phera. The prohormones along with HST has been quite a ride. I am now around 235 pounds with much less bodyfat. My strength is up quite a bit. I cannot seperate how much I gained due to the prohormones vs. hst training and a solid diet. I benched 225 pounds 23 times my freshman year in college. 225 has not felt that light in 16 years. It really felt light today. It was almost sick it was so easy. I took 30 mgs of phera max for 3 weeks. I have got one more week remaining. My weight went up around 15 pounds from the day that I started.

With all of this being said, I must say that I do not recommend taking the stuff. I have suffered tremendous lethargy and can feel that I have higher blood pressure. If any of you do decide to take this stuff make sure that you take support supplements for liver, blood pressure, etc. And as wrestlingmark recommended to me- a good post cycle therapy plan is a must.

Plain and simple, the stuff works. I think it works very well. But I personally do not think that it is worth some of the risks and the lethargy.

I am now hoping that I can keep most of these gains. From now on, I plan to stick with smart training, a good cardio plan, healthy food and a few time tested supplements (whey and creatine) along with Waxy Maize.

A pheromone?Is that what`s being sold these days...sheesh, might as wel drink up some of that expensive perfume I bought, that also has pheromones in it.

I think Bryan said this somewhere and I wholly agree with him:if there are no side-effects from pro-hormones they`re not working. The no side-effects was a marketing punch line, once they start putzing with your ARs you`re gonna get side-effects. And I still feel that aside from a few(like 6-oxo, which actually was ok), most PHs were ****, and you were far better off using steroids in the first place.

Isn't 6 0xo an anti-e? And not even one of the better ones at that, since I lost my gains on it. Rebound XT works well, (for PCT) but is almost too good - libido goes to nothing.

Yup, it`s an anti-e. It`s not great, it`s ok...at least that`s what my accuaintances using it stated. Still, it was expensive, and for PCT after a serious cycle I would still look at something else rather than 6-oxo, or Gaspari`s stuff.

I`m a very skinny harmless man...but I`ve got acquaintances
biggrin.gif
As a question, did you use ReboundXT efficiently for PCT?Did you have to pair it up with anything else?I`m curious

6-Oxo lost me most of my gains. Rebound kept me most of them, paired with the ever-useless Tribulus and milk thistle at 80% silymarins. My libido is low normally, due to age, and on the Rebound, it went asexual.

Back