Prosteroid Legislation

Jon Stark

I've never used a pro-steroid. But I oppose this legislation on principle.

http://www.house.gov/apps....id.html

I just want you guys to know this might be coming, and I urge you all to write your representatives to urge them not to pass this.

Below is a letter I wrote my representative, who I'm sure will think this ban is a great idea if she sets her bong down long enough to read about it.

Anyway, feel free to edit any way you see fit. Bombard these fools.

Dear WHOEVER

I am writing to voice my strong opposition to legislation proposed by Representatives Tom Osborne of Nebraska and John Sweeney of New York that would ban the over-the-counter sale of steroid precursors.

The motivation for the legislation is illogical. On the one hand, Rep. Osborne says that "these substances have the same effects and dangers as steroids." Yet in the same press release he disparages the efficacy of the products by claiming that they promise to grow muscles "magically".

Are these Congressmen against these products because they work, or because they don't?

The basis for my personal opposition to this legislation is much clearer. As an adult U.S. citizen I find it both astonishing and infuriating that my government would try to deny me my fundamental right to personal bodily autonomy. Why should I not be allowed to put anything into my body I want -- effective, ineffective or even deleterious to my health -- so long as doing so neither poses a threat nor imposes costs on those around me?

To borrow an oft-heard phrase: keep your laws off my body.

Most sincerely,

YOUR NAME

Im just wondering , is this the same Tom Osborne that use to coach Nebraska? if so Im sure none of his players used stuff like that when he coached
laugh.gif

This is really bad news. Even if you're not considering using one of these products you have to wonder what's next. Creatine, Protein powders? Where does it end? Very disturbing indeed.

Steve

I've already written my congressmen had have added the following points which some of you may want to include.

1) Though not conclusively shown to be effective, these substances have not been shown to be harmful.
2) The regulations for these substances should be no different from other over the counter supplements.
3) It is inappropriate for government to protect informed citizens from themselves at this level. We do not protect the citizens of our state from gambling or cigarette smoking whose deleterious effects are wide spread and well documented.
4) Making these substances illegal may encourage the use of true steroids, which are more dangerous, since both would be illegal.
5) Qualification for participation in sporting events should not be controlled by legislation and restriction of freedoms of the general public.

-nematic

The supplement industry better get together fast and form a strong lobby, or the industry as a whole is gonna be gone.

What is next? Ephedra for sure.

Then, creatine.

Then, protein powders....don't think so? How could they? Doesn't make sense does it? Wait and see. Congress doesn't care if it makes sense. They don't care about personal autonomy.

well i think some supplement companies bring way too much attention to themselves by naming products so closely to the real thing. Can they be anymore conspicous ? Personally i'm not surprise everyone expected this type stuff is going to happen.

I recently read that their is a law firm that is planning to file a class action lawsuit against many of the major supplement companies that manufacture and sell prohormones. The lawsuit apparently will address false claims made by these companies that prohormones work. If I can find the web-site again I will post it. They are looking for people who may qualify to join the class action lawsuit.

Just a side bar:
Has anyone ever used a prohormone that promised results, or claimed to be the best, or had some picture of a guy who looked like Mr. Universe in their ad? And did that prohormone work as well as you thought it should for the $ you spent, or did it not work at all? Did it say that you should eat more in order to support growth while on their supplement? IMO There are far more prohormones, etc... that don't work than do.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ Oct. 14 2002,10:23)]And did that prohormone work as well as you thought it should for the $ you spent, or did it not work at all? Did it say that you should eat more in order to support growth while on their supplement?
<span =''>
Yes. This was my experience with MAG-10. But I am not going to join suit. Caveat emptor. I will just not buy anymore MAG-10 and tell people of my negative experience with MAG-10.
FYI:
http://www.prohormonelitigation.com/index.html
One of the firms is also filing a class action against Muscle Marketing for creatine serum, and another against other companies (MetRx and maybe GNC) for deceptive trade practices re: using the term &quot;Methoxy&quot; in the name of some supplements while the supplement contains NO methoxy. Thanks but no thanks. Caveat Emptor. Learn to research and read labels.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yes. This was my experience with MAG-10. But I am not going to join suit. Caveat emptor. I will just not buy anymore MAG-10 and tell people of my negative experience with MAG-10.
FYI:
One of the firms is also filing a class action against Muscle Marketing for creatine serum, and another against other companies (MetRx and maybe GNC) for deceptive trade practices re: using the term &quot;Methoxy&quot; in the name of some supplements while the supplement contains NO methoxy. Thanks but no thanks. Caveat Emptor. Learn to research and read labels.
<span =''>
Really? Mag-10 huh? That is one of the most hyped formulas going. Did you notice the Mag-10 plan for success requires increasing caloric intake while using it, and this is to support the new muscle growth that will occur. What if you were to increase calories and train like they said, but w/out Mag-10? Same results? Sorry you got taken on that one, it is expensive as hell to not work.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ Oct. 14 2002,1:52)]</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yes. This was my experience with MAG-10. But I am not going to join suit. Caveat emptor. I will just not buy anymore MAG-10 and tell people of my negative experience with MAG-10.
FYI:
<span =''>
Really? Mag-10 huh? That is one of the most hyped formulas going. Did you notice the Mag-10 plan for success requires increasing caloric intake while using it, and this is to support the new muscle growth that will occur. What if you were to increase calories and train like they said, but w/out Mag-10? Same results? Sorry you got taken on that one, it is expensive as hell to not work.
<span =''>
I did up the calories and increase volume and intensity for the 2 weeks I was &quot;on&quot;. Compared to just an increase in calories, the results were the same. In other words, MAG-10 (for me) was useless.

I did not follow their program, I modified the one I was on (increasing volume and intensity, etc.). Their program should not be the key to it working. You should see some kind of change using an anabolic if you were increasing the volume and/or intensity (along with calories).

Afterwords, I did some more research and found MAG-10 had mostly negative reviews (on independent message boards). The consensus was that it sucked and that Ergopharm's 1-AD and Avant's ONE/ONE+ (and maybe Molecular's 1-T Ether Gels and Bolidione (sp?)) were the ones to go with if you were to go the PH/PS route. One person I trust greatly said that he experienced a little growth from MAG-10 but found their older 4-AD and 19-Nor sprays to be much better. Also, while they do suggest 2 week cycles, perhaps it is better to do a longer cycle, but I will never know because I won't buy it again (based on reviews with my 2 week experience).

Yeah, it was expensive, and that sucks, but it was the risk I took. I was dumb and did not research the alternatives before plunking down the cash. So, in a sense it was a great lesson learned.

FYI:
I just statred a &quot;Super ONE+&quot; cycle today, so we'll see how that goes!!

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I did not follow their program, I modified the one I was on (increasing volume and intensity, etc.). Their program should not be the key to it working. You should see some kind of change using an anabolic if you were increasing the volume and/or intensity (along with calories).
<span =''>
My point exactly. Alot of times when you write a company and tell them their stuff bombed, they accuse you of not doing it right or not eating enough. Interested to hear your results with the other.

Back