protein cycling vs muscle gains

basikmuzik

I've been reading articles on this protein cycling thing, and keep reading how it is supposed to give you explosive gains during the part of cycle where protein intake is high.
What the heck do they mean by explosive! I keep reading that it's nearly impossible to gain more than 4lbs of muscle in a month unless you either have great genetics or access to some kind of steroid. If your already gaining around 4 lbs of muscle a month, would this protein cycling be unnecessary? excluding the "long term benefits" for health.

It doesn't seem to hold up in the real world. You basically lose as much in the low-protein phase as you gain in the high-protein phase. The body balances it out in the end, and I think you're better off just setting protein at 1g/lbs of BW and be done with it.

thanks Blade, I'm glad some1 answered before i tried this 'protein cycling" thing out. I thought it sounded weird, but this effiency thing that they were talking about sounded good to me. so does it have anything to do with being efficient??

Back