Protein dilemma

I

imported_ephman

hey,

i usually down a protein shake about 1/2 hour before i lift. but i've changed things up on this cycle, and really want to cut. so i've added about 1/2 hour of hard interval training before i lift. i've got a good mix of fast and slow acting proteins in my mix (protein factory's penta mix). here's my dilemma, drink before my cardio i'm concerned i'll have little amino's left for lifting (plus you shouldn't really consume calories 3 hours before anyways), or between the cardio and lifting when i'm resting for a bit then i'm concerned that the shake will interfere with the post interval cardio fat burnning benefits? anythoughts on when i should drink it? or am i just splitting hairs?

thanks for the bandwidth,
ephman

Protein won't interfere with lipolysis. So go ahead and drink it before your workout. If you are resting after your cardio, and it has been over 1 hour since your protein drink. Drink another, or split the first one up into two. Drink half before cardio and the other half before lifting.

As a side note, I would highly recommend you save your cardio until after your weights.

Back