Protein intake

ratty

Guys ive just bought a casein based protein powder to take before bed when i cant or dont have time to cook a meal or even just as a meal replacement throughout the day for extra protein

Anyone take pre-bedtime protein shakes and any noticable effects from taking the shakes?

Dude, they're just protein. I have whey every night before bed. I used to have skim milk, which was full of casein protein as well.

Don't expect anything magical
cool.gif

I find that casein turns into pudding if I mix it with milk. I have to mix it with water, otherwise I have to eat it with a spoon instead of drinking it.

I find that casein works better than whey to keep me from getting hungry during the night.

slighty off topic from bedtime protein but related anyway..

when you guys SD i know calories should be around maintenance so you dont lose muscle while your not training..

But should protein intake be still high or is just calories important when you dont train??

protein should be as equally important in the ratio of your bodyweight.. calories are also important for they give you a more positive balance.. so to say it in other words protein and calorie intake are things to be considered.. focusing on just one will not do the trick so it is wise to consider both sides..

Back