PSMF and Protein

Friday, July 25

Protein -- 205 grams
Carbs -- 66 grams
10 fish oil caps

Total Calories -- 1359

Yeah, yeah, 34 grams of the carbs were the two tablespoons of honey I took in order to workout today. I don't think I'll take that much next time.

TR,

Yeah, I meant that I don't think you need to be fixated on 2 g or protein per pound.

If you keep taking that many carbs, you will keep bouncing in and out of ketosis. Lyle states a max of 15-20 for a workout with as little as 5 being sufficient. In your case, I definitely think you should keep it between 5-10 g.

Since you can only do this diet for 11-12 days, you should definitely do it right, otherwise it's not worth the suffering.

Yeah, I meant that I don't think you need to be fixated on 2 g or protein per pound.

Yes, I think that is helpful advice. I am not at all in a class with the sort of bodybuilders Lyle refers to.

If you keep taking that many carbs, you will keep bouncing in and out of ketosis. Lyle states a max of 15-20 for a workout with as little as 5 being sufficient. In your case, I definitely think you should keep it between 5-10 g.

Yeah, I was sloppy with the honey. Lyle mentions something like glucose pills...? 5g each? I'll see if I can find some.

Since you can only do this diet for 11-12 days, you should definitely do it right, otherwise it's not worth the suffering.

Agreed, though it's not so much a suffering as a pain in the glutes.

Back