Quad's Log

All in all, I'm surprised: I'm not nearly as sore as I was last time I did the highrep sets, so time for the weight to go up. I thought ten days would be like starting over, so kept the weight the same.
My pacemaker checkup wasn't so good: I'd thought I was cured since I don't feel the arrythmia's anymore, but it turns out that 46% of my ticker is running on the pacer, 54% is me. So I'll have to have one in me from now on. And it's a model for like, old people, and is only running up to 95 BPM, which means that if my ticker doesn't want to go faster (like in cardio) it can't. When the battery dies in a couple years, they'll replace it with a younger model.
Well, that explains why I have such a hard time with cardio.

given that new info, i say embrace what you've accomplished and skroo the hardcore cutting (extreme dieting with low carbs, etc., is probably not going to be good for you). You seem to be happiest when you're a big 'ol squeezable POWERLIFTER!!! Don't worry about the pencil-necked crowd...I've got that covered!
laugh.gif

Unfortunately, managing a 6 apartment burnout rebuild 60 high traffic miles away is a bit more than I thought...not getting into workouts, needing a nappy at lunch...
So I'm back to Steve's suggestions I guess...I hit the deads and incline bench with no goals, plan or cares...just lift as opposed to not lifting. I'll try to hit everything else tomorrow.

Life forces our hands sometimes, Quad. Do your best and use the workouts to your advantage. Life'll settle down soon enough and you'll wonder where all the excitement went.
rock.gif

Hang in there, man.

Had a long day without my laboror and had to do my job and his too...and then bond him out of jail after work...got home and just went in to do something, anything...
I warmed up and put just 185 on the bench, and tried something new. Went super wide (for me) and moved the hands in about 1-1/2" each set until I was doing CG presses. Then went wide again for two sets, followed by BTH BB presses with a cambered bar.
Not a lot of chest pump, but the tri's liked it. If I'd had more steam, I'd have added flyes to finish it off, but ran out of time and energy.
Not really a workout; just fooling around. I probably should just SD anyway.

Just dropping by to say I hope all's well Quad and that you are enjoying a pleasant SD.
smile.gif

LONG SD! Over 100 every day here and we have no air conditioning. I tried to start a cycle a couple saturdays ago and it made me really sick and got extreme DOMS later (too much weight too soon and too hot). Since I'm totally busy with work and the new car 'rebuild', I'm biding my time before starting back up.
Life. It happens.  
sad.gif

Blacktrimsmalr.jpg

You go down, down, down...and then streeetch out! It's got a ton of legroom and racing style seats - unusually comfortable for a toyo...feels like a sports car driving around only it won't get out of it's own way...but gets 32.35 MPG if I stay under 65...gets 27 when driving 80 and around town as if gas was free.
We love it! Especially since I got some garage junk working and into the trunk...
Tunzsmalr.jpg

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Its unusual not to have you post regular!
biggrin.gif
</div>

Well, he is still SD'ing...
biggrin.gif

Back