Question about counting cals

cck

I'm trying to bulk so I'm counting my calories, and I was just wondering if there is some method to this. I normally count all solid food, milk, and protein supplements. I don't count stuff like gatorade or other fruit drinks. Reason I ask is because I'm eating about 3200+ cals per day, and I don't seem to be gaining (5'10", 157lbs, 29" waist). Am I counting something that I should be leaving out, or do I just seem to have a high metabolism? I really want to get up to 175lbs at ~10% bf, but if that's gonna take 4000+ cals per day, I might wait until my metabolism slows...
Thanks for the replies!

Unfortunatley, even Gatorade and Fruit Juice count towards your caloric intake.

How much do you weigh, age??

Obviously your metabolism is high, bump up the cals, enjoy it while you can.
laugh.gif

I'm 20 years old, 157 lbs w/ a 29" waist... you say "unfortunately" -- hey, I'm glad to hear that they should be counted... that probably gets me an extra 300 calories per day without even trying ;)

3200 really isn't that many calories anyway, trust me, you can consume a lot more than that if you put your mind to it.

At 157lbs you are eating about 20 times your bodyweight a very good start. If you don't gain start adding 500 Kcals. See what happens in about 3 weeks, if you still aren't gaining add another 500. Once you start gaining weight, adjust to where you are gaining about 1 lb per week.

Back