Slowing down whey protein uptake

jamlhess

I take whey protein before bed and am looking for ways to prolong the protein uptake. I'm pretty sure that I read an article saying that the uptake of whey protein could be prolonged by taking it with a dairly product like milk or cottage cheese. Looking for thoughts/opinions/suggestions on this. Thanks.

Jeff

I always make a shake with milk and cottage cheese before bed. Or I just eat a cup of cottage cheese.
I go through more cottage cheese than an old folks home :D
I've been thinking about picking up some egg or milk isolate or some other powdered source of casein though, would be cheaper.

Or if you buy primer and driver, driver would be an excellent bedtime snack :)

Taking whey protein with your last meal will slow its absorption. Whatever will delay gastric emptying will slow down whey.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jamlhess @ Mar. 16 2004,3:20)]I take whey protein before bed and am looking for ways to prolong the protein uptake. I'm pretty sure that I read an article saying that the uptake of whey protein could be prolonged by taking it with a dairly product like milk or cottage cheese. Looking for thoughts/opinions/suggestions on this. Thanks.
Jeff
Any kind of fat or fiber or both will work. I particularly like flax meal, best of both in my opinion.

Back